| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Fulawka D-10 9 x 5, Excellent Cond $ 3,500 + Lots extras
Doug Berry

Nevada, USA
Post  Posted 13 Jul 2023 3:46 pm    

Donation to follow. This is the "Dakota Darlin'" made by Ed Fulawka. Serial number:FDN081500. I have a bunch of guitars and am thinning the herd. This is a wonderful guitar with fantastic sustain and smooth action. I purchased this guitar two years ago from David at Moncton Guitars in Broomfield, CO. He put all these
rare extra parts and great BJS bars (one Fulawka) in with the deal (David is a man of outstanding character and I recommend his music store for rare guitars, Moncton Guitars). I am also throwing in these in to the deal for you, just like I got them, and you know how valuable all these parts and bars are. There is a kit ready if you ever may need it in the future for replacing the pillow blocks (mainshaft bearings), or replacements for pull rods, bell cranks, and even springs. I have had no trouble with this execellent guitar whatsoever. Look over all the spare parts and tools; there is even a tube of Ed's special lubricant. She prefers a .012 plain on the 3rd string and rarely breaks any and has a higher pitch than my MSA with an .011. All the new string packs are included. If you want the volume pedal let me know (That's separate) There is one very small, and I mean small, ding on the "Fulawka" Apron, see photo. I have more photos. She has split cases and a cover. I would prefer you come pick it up or I can meet you halfway. I live just south of Reno in Hawthorne, Nevada off US-95. Prefer a check or bank check, wait till it clears. If we ship you pay shipping / insurance, so pickup is preferred. One of the legs has a spot where the chrome is light (see picture top of rear leg), but it is still shiny and not noticeable (the legs are super heavy duty perfect so why bother getting a new lighter set when you have split cases? IMO). The only other guitar that plays this good, in my opinion, is when I owned Ricky Davis's "Blue Darlin". This guitar has hand wound humbuckers and they sound just fine. Super smooth action all around, plus a long sustain on high notes. This guitar is meant to be enjoyed by live performances or recording. I hope you enjoy her as much as I have. Hats off to Ed Fulawka and JB Arnold for giving us this guitar. Doug Berry, Text 775-312-0004, You can hear this guitar on my Youtube Channel, (Doug Berry, at CalNeva) scroll down to older videos. There is not a single scratch on the aluminum.
Make me an offer,Thank you. PS: I will be up in the Sierra fishing in the mountains, no cell service Saturday and Sunday, be here Thursday, Friday, and back Monday. gemmetro@gmail.com
Ricky Thompson

Starke, Florida, USA
Post  Posted 14 Jul 2023 3:14 pm     Steel

PM sent
Doug Berry

Nevada, USA
Post  Posted 14 Jul 2023 3:30 pm     Reply

Hi Ricky, I hope you got my message, if not I will resend.
Ricky Thompson

Starke, Florida, USA
Post  Posted 14 Jul 2023 5:31 pm     Steel

Got it thanks
Jon Zimmerman

California, USA
Post  Posted 14 Jul 2023 6:46 pm     Sweetheart pkg

Fulawka D10 build’s don’t come around much here. And your offer is the whole enchilada to boot, Doug Berry! Sad to hear when the ‘herds get thinned’ tho. Don’t neglect to mention those 2 (count ‘em) chrome pull buttons on a plate in one shot. They go to change knee-lever assignments in the works beneath. Ed was a natural-wizard genius, IMHO. Best wishes for smooth sailing on a generous package.
Doug Berry

Nevada, USA
Post  Posted 14 Jul 2023 6:58 pm     Generous Package

Thank you Jon! Ed was a genius and best of all a down to earth "Mensch", I think a lot of people became his friend very soon after having met him; just an outstanding individual all around. Yes, the two pull buttons and everything about this guitar are exceptional. I think I priced this so that someone else can feel good about their purchase and experience this wonderful pedal steel!
Doug Berry

Nevada, USA
Post  Posted 17 Jul 2023 8:07 pm     Guitar is sold

Hello everyone, the guitar is sold. There will be the appropriate donation coming soon to the forum, thank you for all the interest and for keeping Bob's forum up and running.