| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Audionat Sound Clip
Bill Groner

QUAKERTOWN, PA
Post  Posted 10 Jun 2023 8:59 am    

I got a visit yesterday from a good friend of mine and excellent builder/player. I know people on the forum asked to hear how the Audionat sounded when I built it probably 2 years ago. I never felt comfortable posting a video of me playing. I could never make it sound like Kevin. We had been talking about getting together for a long time and his trip back home from visiting some of his relation in Florida was about as close as he would get to my house. He played every lapsteel I built, while I sat there amazed with a wall to wall grin on my face. Here is how the Audionat sounds, and Mike Holland, I might put you in my "WILL". Mike this one is for you since it is your favourite one I built! Winking

The first post on this project was March 25 2021, if anyone is interested in seeing the build.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GICEMRvN0lw

Last edited by Bill Groner on 28 Jun 2023 7:15 am; edited 5 times in total
Rick Aiello

Berryville, VA USA
Post  Posted 10 Jun 2023 11:37 am    

A beautiful guitar ... and wonderful playing
Steve Wilson

Morgan Hill, California, USA
Post  Posted 11 Jun 2023 9:19 am    

Bill,
That guitar sounds as great as it looks! Excellent job, and great to hear that Kevin could drop by to give all your steels a test run.
Steven Pearce

Port Orchard Washington, USA
Post  Posted 12 Jun 2023 9:42 am    

Ahh, so sweet! All that’s missing is a sandy Smile beach.
Beautiful.

New York, USA
Post  Posted 15 Jun 2023 9:09 am    

I have to say...I played all of the steels that Bill has made. Each one sounded superb. They are so rich in tone. My very favorites were the three steels he made using the Lollar String Through Pickup. The wooden bodied steel had the warmest tone. The two aluminium bodied steels, the Audionat and the Fake Panda had wonderful sustain and the tone that only an aluminium body can deliver. These steels sounded as good as any I've played or owned. Wonderful instruments all. One of these steels along with one of Bill's Groaner Moaner bars is one hell of a killer combination.
Mike A Holland

United Kingdom
Post  Posted 15 Jun 2023 12:05 pm    

Ok ...its official...... I want this guitar. Its sound is excellent in the capable hands of Kevin. I really like the concept of the aluminium sandwich and such an evocative shape. Love everything about it. You are a truly skilled artisan Bill....... Just beautiful!