| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  SIX Vintage NATIONAL PAT. NO. FINGERPICKS
Jim Dulfer

Southeastern USA
Post  Posted 31 May 2023 1:19 pm    

A friend of mine that played National resonators and lap steel guitars passed away and I am helping his wife sell some of his accumulated gear. He had a box with a large assortment of fingerpicks, metal and celluloid. See the other listing for those.

This listing is for the SIX (6) National fingerpicks, 2 have the USA stamp and 4 do not. A little online research reveals that the four fingerpicks without the USA stamp have considerably more appeal and value (about $75 each!) than the other two (about $10 each). Regardless, the goal is to sell these 6 fingerpicks to someone who can use them so how does $175 + shipping for ALL 6 sound? Considerably more reasonable than others trying to sell these same fingerpicks for twice that.

Jim Dulfer

Southeastern USA
Post  Posted 2 Jun 2023 4:54 pm    

I've received a few emails asking me whether any of the six National fingerpicks have "oval eights"? I have no idea what that means but one helpful member kindly educated me and advised me that any "oval eight" fingerpick is worth significantly more and should be pulled and sold separately for extra money.

That's not my goal but, with the help of a magnifying glass, I carefully inspected the lettering and indeed, one of the four non-USA fingerpicks sports an "oval eight". I don't care about the additional value of that single fingerpick. I think I'm already offering these six for less than other online sellers are selling these and I just hope someone will buy them all and keep the "extra bucks" from that one fingerpick for themselves.
Gene Tani

Pac NW
Post  Posted 3 Jun 2023 6:44 pm    

I consider myself knowledgeable about Oval and Circle 8's, if you want to know why there so cherished by banjo and guitar players there was an in depth analysis ... you can check classifieds at banjo hangout forum, reverb and ebay to see asking prices/recent sales.

https://web.archive.org/web/20160224034703/http://www.deanhoffmeyer.com/nationalpicks/frameset.htm