| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Steel Guitarist T-Shirt from the late 70's-early 80's
Jeffrey Snyder

Virginia, USA
Post  Posted 14 Feb 2022 5:14 pm    

My Mom saved so many of my things, from my time out on the road playing music in the early 80's. Love this old Tee I got from Tom Bradshaw! Mom gave it to me today when we went by to be with her on Valentines Day! I gave her Roses and Chocolate, and she gave me back my old Tee-Shirt!

1973 Sho-Bud LDG-Round Front (3&4), 1976 Marlen D-10 (8&4), Emmons Legrande II (8&6), Marlen and Jim Dunlop Bars, Sho-Bud Volume, Emmons Volume, 1983 Peavey Nashville 400, 1989 Peavey Nashville 400, Quilter Steelaire, Catalinbread Belle Epoch Analog Delay, Peterson Strobo Plus HD Tuner, National and Herco Thumbpicks, National Fingerpicks
Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 14 Feb 2022 6:34 pm    

Nice story. Happy Valentine's Day to your Mom. Good of you to spend time with her.

I had one of those Tees back in the 70s,80s...wore it out...still have rags of it here and there...Be nice to have another one about 3 sizes larger!
Mike Romero

Bakersfield, CA
Post  Posted 17 Feb 2022 9:02 am    

Any screen printers out there? I would love for someone to re-print this design and make it available for purchase.
Daniel Dickie

Queensland, Australia
Post  Posted 18 Feb 2022 9:08 pm    

Great t-shirt and a cool story.... I would be keen on a screen printed one as well Smile
Thomas Bray

Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 18 Feb 2022 9:45 pm    

My niece and her husband run a business in Cincinnati that screen prints and embroiders stuff, mainly for visitors. Last year, I had her make a Hoodia for my wife from a comic book hero character I had commissioned a graphic artist to draw from a photo of her when we met 25+ years ago, based on an inside joke about her job (she's a director of a rehab center for birds of prey. A young girl came up to her at a wedding reception and asked if she was the vulture lady. She told me later she would have preferred to be remembered as the eagle lady).

At the time, my niece said it cost her so much to set up the system for a new image, that small orders aren't really feasible, but she made 4 of them for us being family. She recommended for future small orders finding a hobbyist with a sublimation print press, or having the image embroidered, like on a hat. Sublimation printers do does the photos on mugs, etc, as well as shirts and hats. They have no setup fees, generally.

The biggest issue right now for her is supplies. Shipping delays are crippling her business, or I'd check prices anyway, but I can ask her to recommend a sublimation print online company if we see her this week.

Thinking about it, I bet that logo on the t-shirts would look cool embroidered on a ball cap. I could find out her cost to do that, if the OP of the shirts would want that done.

Here's that comic book character that I had my wife turned into! Smile (yup, I somehow married up!)

Thomas Bray

Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 18 Feb 2022 9:47 pm    

Mainly for BUSINESSES, dunno where visitors came from)
Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 19 Feb 2022 1:42 pm    

I believe my version of the SG shirt was a baseball style 3/4 in sleeve blu/white w/those graphics.

The Tee was a Four Wheel Drive with Emmons et al caricatures in motion.

I'd love for someone to pick up on these designs and re-issue them.

How about it Tom Bradshaw? Winking
John McClung

Olympia WA, USA
Post  Posted 20 Feb 2022 6:30 pm    

Tom was, and probably still is, a fan of these wacky cartoon style drawings of steel players! Got a feeling he liked Mad magazine and Rat Fink stuff back in the day!
Scott Thomas

Post  Posted 26 Feb 2022 9:00 am    

I like how Buddy Emmons is wearing the t-shirt!
John Poston

Albuquerque, NM, USA
Post  Posted 5 Mar 2022 11:00 pm    

Tom sent me one new old stock about 15 years ago. Tragically it got lost somewhere along the way. One of the great tragedies of life. Wore it in a couple band pics.
Donny Hinson

Glen Burnie, Md. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 10 Jun 2023 4:58 pm    

T-shirts can now be printed digitally, on special ink-jet printers. This makes one-off graphic designs available for a comparatively low price. All you have to do is email a digital image, give them the placement details, and you’re done. Some companies even have websites set up so you can do the design and layout right on your own computer.

Smile