| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Goto page 1, 2  Next
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Found: Mullen SD10 G2 disappeared from FedEx. Please Close
David Farlow

Nevada
Post  Posted 20 Apr 2023 12:11 pm    

Sold this PSG to a gentleman in Indianapolis IN. Shipped it via FedEx ground. Last scan was at a hub in Indianapolis IN. This was on April 8, 2023. Since that time the PSG has not been located. My buyer filed an inquiry and an investigation was started. So far the PSG has not been found. This was a Zebra wood body so I don’t think there are many of those out there. Serial #G419. Will repost a picture. Appreciate the community keeping an eye out for this. Thanks, David Farlow

Guitar was finally located, FedEx still had it, don’t really know why they just seemed to put it in hiding for a time, but it finally showed up and my buyer says it is in good shape. Thanks for all the comments and suggestions. David Farlow[/list]

Last edited by David Farlow on 6 May 2023 6:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Mike DiAlesandro

Kent, Ohio
Post  Posted 20 Apr 2023 1:16 pm    

David,

Obviously an inside job... Coincidentally, recently a fella purchased a steel from me and used Fedex to mail the cashiers check from his bank. He lives in Texas. When the envelope was received I opened it only to find the check missing.

I then inspected the envelope, and noticed a slit cut in the bottom fold. His bank reported to him that the check was cashed in Houston a week or so later.

So obviously someone had a fake id, forged my signature, and used a sketchy "Cash Checks Here" place to cash it.

So far both Fedex and his bank has denied a claim...

There are crooks everywhere....

Sorry about your Mullen. The good thing is it is a unique guitar which will have to stay in hiding, as if it goes online to be sold, it will be a problem for the crook.

Probably will get dumped off at a pawn shop is my best guess.

Mike D
Bill McCloskey

Nanuet, NY
Post  Posted 20 Apr 2023 1:23 pm    

My worst nightmare. I don't sleep well until I hear an instrument I sold got there safely.

Last edited by Bill McCloskey on 20 Apr 2023 3:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tony Glassman

The Great Northwest
Post  Posted 20 Apr 2023 2:27 pm    

That’s why I always fully insure any instrument that I ship. It’s not that expensive and incentivized UPS/ FedEx to deliver or investigate.
Nicholas Scott

Norfolk, VA USA
Post  Posted 20 Apr 2023 2:31 pm    

I worked as a logistics coordinator for a company that frequently used FedEx. Make sure you or him contact the manager of the distribution center it was last scanned. Put the pressure on them and contact them directly. I’ve had instances when it’s just sitting there in the distribution center because someone scanned it incorrectly. Filing a claim isn’t enough, ask for the distribution centers direct contact number and speak with their head manager.

Wisconsin, USA
Post  Posted 20 Apr 2023 2:43 pm    

I had a similar incident a couple years back, where FedEx lost a guitar. The guitar was ultimately located in a back area of a distribution center, for a non- readable shipping tag. It took about two weeks to find it. Good Luck.

Nevada
Post  Posted 20 Apr 2023 2:43 pm    

Fortunately it is insured but I’m told this process is very slow moving. Buyer and myself have been in contact with FedEx but I don’t know that we have been talking to the manager of the particular hub the PSG was last scanned at, so will have to check about this. My FedEx shipping location is well aware of the circumstances but again, say that this process is slow. Anyway, thanks for all the comments and suggestions. David Farlow
James Webb

Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
Post  Posted 20 Apr 2023 3:19 pm    

Nicholas Scott wrote:
I worked as a logistics coordinator for a company that frequently used FedEx. Make sure you or him contact the manager of the distribution center it was last scanned. Put the pressure on them and contact them directly. I’ve had instances when it’s just sitting there in the distribution center because someone scanned it incorrectly. Filing a claim isn’t enough, ask for the distribution centers direct contact number and speak with their head manager.

Hey Nicholas, I'm the buyer. I just live about 10 minutes From the FedEx Ground hub. The tracking data indicates it got to Indy and was scanned at two different times- 4 am and 6 am. I even received an email sent at 5 am informing of it's arrival at Indianapolis then poof! Should I just drive over there, find a public entrance and ask to talk to a supervisor?

Thanks for your input
Derek Faulk

Alabama, USA
Post  Posted 20 Apr 2023 4:52 pm    

Over the years I’ve had numerous experiences shipping/receiving items with FedEx that often get hung up for weeks at a time. Hopefully it will turn up.
Nicholas Scott

Norfolk, VA USA
Post  Posted 20 Apr 2023 6:45 pm    

Hey Jim,

I’ve never dealt face to face in regards to the distribution center. But it couldn’t hurt. FedEx tends to lose merchandise more frequently than other carriers in my years of experience but the majority of the time they scan it and leave it off the truck. It sits in the distribution center until somebody makes them look for it.

Nashville,TN.
Post  Posted 20 Apr 2023 8:25 pm    

It’s on the way, just probably little late that’s all… I worked for FedEx and there is virtually no way to steal anything at the hub , your guitar is inside the hub somewhere , they’ll find it soon or later

Pac NW
Post  Posted 20 Apr 2023 9:15 pm    

Sorry to hear this. I have a lot of experience commercial shipping and receiving with Fedex Ground and Express, very different experiences. Ground's contractors always had high turnover and lots of operational problems BUT my employer recieved between 50 and 200 pieces a day and most of them got there ok. Express .. there were sometimes delays but they were the most reliable of all carriers.
Mike DiAlesandro

Kent, Ohio
Post  Posted 21 Apr 2023 3:50 am    

Damir Besic wrote:
It’s on the way, just probably little late that’s all… I worked for FedEx and there is virtually no way to steal anything at the hub , your guitar is inside the hub somewhere , they’ll find it soon or later

Hey Damir, I hope you are correct and the guitar is recovered. I do know of a case where Bill Rudolph watched a brand new Williams D10 he was shipping to the new owner get hijacked and rerouted and stolen...

How do I know? I bought it on eBay 9 months later and when I found out I turned it over to the local police.
Eric Philippsen

Central Florida USA
Post  Posted 21 Apr 2023 5:06 am    

I live right outside Indy and pass the FedEx hub all the time. It’s a huge place.

I’ll keep an eye out in the area. Truth be told, few really know what a pedal steel is, let alone how or where to sell one. Then when they have to carry it they realize it weighs a lot. All that being said, my guess is it’s sitting misplaced somewhere in the building.
James Meloan

Williamsport, Pennsylvania, USA
Post  Posted 21 Apr 2023 10:02 am    

I used to drive for a FedEx contractor. The terminal I worked out of had a room called "the Cage" where packages with torn or unreadable tags would go. Most times if something ends up in the Cage, the package is opened to look for a packing slip, so that it can be sent back on its route. If they can't find a packing slip it might be there a while until it's claimed. I shipped a guitar FedEx ground 2 weeks ago and the label got torn, but they found my packing slip and sent it on its way with minimal delays.

Luckily FedEx terminals really want to get packages out of the Cage, and if you can find a direct line to the terminal someone will usually be willing to help locate it.
Good luck, that's an amazing looking guitar.
Damir Besic

Nashville,TN.
Post  Posted 21 Apr 2023 12:58 pm    

James, you are correct, I used to be FedEx Ground contractor with two 24’ box trucks in Nashville, we had the “cage” as well , before I became a contractor I worked as a security guard at the same hub , everyone coming in or leaving had to come through our guard shack , when leaving they had to empty their pockets and get checked with a body scanner , there is absolutely no way anyone could get out of the hub with something like a guitar unnoticed , not to mention security cameras being all over the place … if guitar was scanned coming in the hub , and not scanned as loaded on the truck , it is still there … if it was loaded on the truck then it could’ve been misdelivered or dropped at the final destination unattended, but that is highly unlikely, and it would’ve been scanned again anyway … I believe guitar is at the FedEx hub somewhere , and highly doubt it was stolen

Nevada
Post  Posted 21 Apr 2023 3:18 pm    

I recently bought iPhone 14 from Apple, they used Fedex to ship. It made it to Fresno, Cali and got lost for for four days. The fifth day I received an empty box that I had to sign for before I opened it. Thankfully I paid for it with a credit card and the bank is investigating right now. Bottom line is, if you're going to ship, don't use Fedex.
Joey Gaskins

New Bern, North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 22 Apr 2023 9:32 am     Missing Mullen

Alittle off subject but there are crooks everywhere.
My FB account was stolen and the computer firm has traced it to Southern Calif. He has changed the address twice in a week and FB is of no help at all. Set up a new account and it got flagged and I was put on 180 days suspension and I never have posted the first message on it. Never even logged into it as the computer guy set it up. Nothing is secure anymore. Only place I have never had a problem is here on the forumn.
Stan Joyce

California, USA
Post  Posted 23 Apr 2023 6:59 am    

I recommend going to the facility before too much time lapses. Similar issue happened to me. I went to the distribution center and found it. Another time, I was told by Fed EX the package was lost. Then, when I put the heat on, it magically appeared at a nearby dollar general. So, go there. I would. I panicked when my Mullen was delivered somewhere else. Instead of being delivered at my house, the Driver delivered at my business address to the business behind mine.
Will Brown

Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 23 Apr 2023 7:26 am     Steel

This is the reason I ship by usps first off its cheaper. It's faster and you don't have to worry about theft. I ship a lot of stuff and I only use usps I ship steel guitar guitar etc through them never a problem.
Jack Hanson

San Luis Valley, USA
Post  Posted 23 Apr 2023 7:32 am    

My brother in Del Norte, Colo. ordered an upscale electronic keyboard from Sweetwater in Fort Wayne, Indiana. FedEx tracking indicated that it had been delivered to his home, but the keyboard was not there, or at any of his nearby neighbor's. He contacted Sweetwater, who insisted he file a police report, which he did. After a couple of weeks, Sweetwater sent another keyboard, which he requested be delivered to his work address. FedEx tracking indicated it had been delivered, but yet again, it was not there. Back to square one, with filing another claim, filing a second police report, the whole nine yards. Finally, Sweetwater sent a third keyboard (also via FedEx) and it was successfully delivered to his work address. It took him over two months from the time he ordered and paid for his new high-end instrument before he finally received it, after spending lots of time on the phone, dealing with a small town (think Barney Fife) police department who only intermittently were at the cop shop, etc. A lesson in frustation.

Bottom line -- be very wary of anything shipped to Southern Colorado or Northen New Mexico via Federal Express.
Robert Simms

Austin, TX
Post  Posted 23 Apr 2023 9:09 am    

FedEx delivered a steel of mine years ago to the wrong house in another town. Took several days but they were able to track it down and luckily they got it back and eventually delivered it to me. Had another package end up at the Randall's (grocery store) down the street 3 weeks after it was supposedly "delivered" to my house and they wouldn't help me and accused me of filing a false claim. The only way I ended up tracking it down is by calling all the FedEx drop off locations in my area to see if if it was delivered there by mistake.
David Farlow

Nevada
Post  Posted 25 Apr 2023 7:27 am     Missing Mullen -Somewhat of a update

Thanks to my buyer knowing someone within the local FedEx Hub the PSG has unofficially been located. Supposedly in the holding cage due to Damage or other issue. I really do not know what the condition is. My Fed Ex shipping location insist that the claim must go thru them, but they must get some kind of notification from FED EX. Calling FED EX 1-800 # is not helpful at all. I did not file the original notice when the guitar was not being found, the buyer did. So I really dont know if I should go ahead and file a claim with FED EX, not knowing when or if FED EX will send some kind of notification to my shipping location so they can file a claim. Kind of confusing as to how this all works, frustrating also. Hope this update doesn't sound too confusing.
Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 25 Apr 2023 7:32 am    

Glad it's been located. I believe the shipper has to file the claim. That would be the account or person the freight was billed to. The information should be on the FedEx website.

Here's hoping that unique guitar is without damage.
Mark Shuda

Wisconsin, USA
Post  Posted 27 Apr 2023 9:26 am     Relax

I think everyone may be jumping to conclusions. Could be a non-readable tag or something else besides damage.

Please keep us posted! If you do have to file a claim, there will be helpful forum members that will have your back and guide you down the best path.