| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  1929 National Style 2-1/2 - SOLD OFF-SITE
Ian McLatchie

Sechelt, British Columbia
Post  Posted 23 Feb 2023 11:49 am    

Up for sale is a 1929 National Style 2-1/2 square neck tricone (same rose-themed ornamentation as the Style 2 but with additional engraving on the handset) in excellent overall condition. The guitar is all original and comes with the original chipboard case, also in excellent condition. The German silver finish has a beautiful lustre with minimal scratching and pitting. Light pick hazing on treble side of cover plate (see photo). With the exception of one dent on the side of the lower left bout and another on the base (see photos), there is no significant body damage apart from a couple of tiny dings on bottom fiddle edge and an isolated bit of wear on the back of the neck (see photos). Original cones resonate beautifully and are rattle-free. Original tuners work perfectly; even after being left untouched for weeks, the guitar remains in tune.

Essentially, I am the second owner this guitar has had in almost a century. According to the dealer from whom I purchased it in 2008, the original owner kept it until her death in the 1970s. After that, it remained under a bed in the family home until the dealer obtained it. I bought it 45 minutes after he posted it online. It’s been one of my all-time favourite instruments and has served me well for a variety of projects. However, I don’t get the chance to use it much anymore and would rather it go to someone who can. It’s a remarkable sounding instrument and a joy to play. Payment by bank transfer or PayPal. Price is $3750 U.S. plus PayPal fees and shipping cost. I pack with obsessive care and will pay for packing materials. Contact me for more photos or additional information.

Last edited by Ian McLatchie on 16 Nov 2023 10:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
Mike Holder

Alabama! Home of the great “Don Helms” & his singer “Hank Williams”!
Post  Posted 23 Feb 2023 3:18 pm    

Beautiful Guitar!..Ian takes meticulously good care of his belongings and is a wealth of information on styles, artists etc. Best of luck in this sale!
Ian McLatchie

Post  Posted 23 Feb 2023 3:21 pm    

Thanks, Mike. I still have the Rickenbacher Bakelite I bought from you almost twenty years ago. Hope you're doing well.
Mike Holder

Alabama! Home of the great “Don Helms” & his singer “Hank Williams”!
Post  Posted 23 Feb 2023 3:23 pm    

Hi Ian; I’m not surprised you do!.. I’m doing great my friend, back at you sir!
Jean-Sebastien Gauthier

Quebec, Canada
Post  Posted 2 Nov 2023 7:56 am    

Hi, is it still for sale?
Ian McLatchie

Post  Posted 16 Nov 2023 10:44 pm    

Hi Jean-Sebastien. Sorry, I neglected to take this posting down in the spring. The guitar was sold through The Twelfth Fret in Toronto.