| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Peterson strobostomp hd question
Joe Shelby

Walnut Creek, California, USA
Post  Posted 16 Feb 2023 8:16 am    

I programmed my presets via Peterson Connect. As many E9th players do, I have three different offsets for C#. I named these C#p (for pedal 1 B-C#), C#4 (for pedal C, B-C#), and C#4 (for RKR, D#-C#).
Did I name these wrong? Once I'm tuning, how does the tuner know which is the correct offset for the specific C# I'm tuning up?
I feel dumb in asking this, but I'm confused. Any help you can provide would be much appreciated.

Joe
Dan Galysh

Hendersonville, Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 16 Feb 2023 12:05 pm    

Joe,it should automatically distinguish each C# offset. I know I have several notes with different offsets for the particular notes and the tuner can distinguish between each one.
John Norris

Peterson Strobe Tuners, Illinois, USA
Post  Posted 16 Feb 2023 2:29 pm     Re: Peterson strobostomp hd question

Joe Shelby wrote:
I programmed my presets via Peterson Connect. As many E9th players do, I have three different offsets for C#. I named these C#p (for pedal 1 B-C#), C#4 (for pedal C, B-C#), and C#4 (for RKR, D#-C#).
Did I name these wrong? Once I'm tuning, how does the tuner know which is the correct offset for the specific C# I'm tuning up?
I feel dumb in asking this, but I'm confused. Any help you can provide would be much appreciated.

Joe

Hi Joe,

You can rename each of the C#4 offsets so that you yourself can easily tell them apart when you're tuning, here are a few ideas:

C#4, C#P, C#L, Db4, DbP or DbL

Those can all represent the same note in the same octave.
Just label (re-name) each of your C# offsets to suit after you've created the tuning in Connect.

I've mentioned six labels for the same note above, there are more but C#P (for pedal 1), C#4 (for pedal C) and C#L (for RKR lever) might be a good choice.

Alternatively, C#P (for pedal 1), DbP (for pedal C) and C#L (for RKR) might suit you better.

That way, the three different C# offset notes will be easy to identify when they show up on the tuner display.
Joe Shelby

Walnut Creek, California, USA
Post  Posted 17 Feb 2023 7:02 am    

Thanks Dan and John. This clarifies things for me.

Joe