Dardanelle,Arkansas
Post  Posted 1 Mar 2023 6:45 am    

Have a mosvalve amp and blues tube
And a pro flex. How does it hook up ?
Please!!!!

Boston, MA
Post  Posted 1 Mar 2023 8:24 am    

Hey Dan:

The MosValve MV-962 power amp pairs up well with the Pro-Fex II I have that combination, as well. I do not have the Tubeworks RT-904 Blues Tube Pre-amp, though.

1) I have the PSG going into my volume pedal.

2) The out from the volume pedal goes to the input on the front of the Pro-Fex II.

3) The left and right outputs from the Pro-Fex II go to the to the MosValve A channel and B channel Inputs on the back of the MosValve. I have the Pro-Fex II output level at 5.

4) I have a left and right speakers out from Channels A and B from the Mosvalve.

The Pro-Fex II has Distortion and Overdrive effects... so you may not need the Blue Tube in your signal chain. However, if you really want it in the mix, my suggestion would be to put it in the Effects Loop on the back of the Pro-Fex II. Note: that you will have to program the "FX" effect into your signal chain on your Pro-Fex II so the Pro-Fex II can "see" that there is something you want included. Let me know if you need help with that.

I looked, but could not find a picture of the back of the Blue Tube rack mount back... so I do not know exactly, how Tube works identifies the outputs... but I would just hook it up like it was a pedal with outs of the Blue Tube going to the going to return inputs in the ProFex and the Sends back out.

Let me know if I can clarify any of this. You have a good sounding set up.
Erv Niehaus

Litchfield, MN, USA
Post  Posted 1 Mar 2023 10:05 am    

The Blue Tube is a preamp.
Erv
Dan Kelly

Boston, MA
Post  Posted 1 Mar 2023 10:40 am    

Right Erv... It can still go in the effects loop to pick up whatever "color" the Blue Tube can contribute. Smile

I suppose one could put the Pro-Fex II and the Blue Tube in series also, but some experimentation would be required.

Personally, I am not a big fan of preamping a preamp... especially in this case, given the Pro-Fex II has so many good effects and a good clear sound that stands on its own. But the implication (as I read it) of the OP was how to hook up all three units.