| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Problem solved, Thanks to Duncan "Dick" Sexton
George Bozovich

Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 13 Feb 2023 7:43 pm    

A few days ago, I was having a problem with my pedal steel guitar and was unable to tune the pedals and knee levers properly. After a quick search of my Facebook friends and the Steel Guitar Forum, I located a fellow from Greenville, OH (approx. 45 min. from me). I then sent Mr. Duncan (Dick) Sexton a message and asked if he would be willing to assist in resolving my problem. He asked me to send him a few photos of my guitars under carriage. I did so and a few minutes later he returned my call and we scheduled a time to meet. Mr. Sexton graciously offered to come to my home to further diagnose the problem. We arranged a meeting and he quickly assessed and repaired the guitar. In addition, he brought me a number of Beginner Tips and steel guitar lessons from his private collection. Some of these materials were written by Mr. Sexton and are available on the Steel Guitar Forum. It took me a few hours to completely review the lesson material and to realize that I have much to learn and master. Many thanks to Mr. Sexton for the assist and the instructional materials. If you are in the Greenville/Troy/Dayton, OH area and need assistance with the mechanics of your pedal steel, I highly recommend Mr. Duncan Sexton. You can find him and his materials on the Steel Guitar Forum https://steelguitarforum.com/ and on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/duncan.sexton Thanks again, Dick!

George Bozovich
Englewood, OH
long-time musician (guitar, bass and vocals) new to psg new to this Forum
Marrs D10 8 pedals 5 knee levers
Dick Sexton

Greenville, Ohio
Post  Posted 14 Feb 2023 8:16 am     George

It has been an absolute pleasure to meet you and to help with the problems. As I mentioned, I got my hands on a copy of "The Pedal Steel Guitar" by Winnie Winston months before I had my first steel built. By the time I picked up that little Cherakee pull release steel, I was up to speed on set up and the minor repairs and maintenance it would require in the future. I also understood the workings of the push pull and all pull changer systems. I personally believe that even though the book IS dated, it is an invaluable tool and reference and should be a part of every beginner's library. Maybe even, as in my case, the first part. I'm glad to have been able to put my hands on your MARRS, my first, ser. number 0001 and solve it's issues. Just call if there is anything else I can do. Also, it would be my pleasure to come over and listen to or even sit in with your group sometime. Again, it has been my pleasure.

Dick Sexton
David Zornes

Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 14 Feb 2023 1:58 pm     Dick Sexton

Dick is one of the most professional, accommodating gentleman you will ever meet. He has relieved me of a few frustrations with my steels. They play better when Dick Sexton is finished with them. Dick is just not a friend, he is a GOOD friend.
Bill Cunningham

Atlanta, Ga. USA
Post  Posted 14 Feb 2023 7:43 pm    

Dick is a fine fellow. And he and I met in 1978. We are both Marines and I was fortunate to meet him and become friends when I checked in to Cherry Point, NC in late 1977 or early 1978. We played in the same bands a bit. Through the SGF we became reacquainted a few years ago.
Dick Sexton

Greenville, Ohio
Post  Posted 15 Feb 2023 8:52 am     Thank you, fellows!

Bill, I wish I lived closer to you, I'd be wearing you out, trying to learn everything I could. Surely make every show! Same with David, if I was closer, we'd be spending a lot of time together. Thank you both for the good words!
Paul Norman

Washington, North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 15 Feb 2023 11:00 am    

Dick was very nice to me in nc
Dick Sexton

Greenville, Ohio
Post  Posted 15 Feb 2023 3:17 pm     Paul

Mr Norman, I feel bad that it was a pretty long while ago. Haven't made it back to my old stomping grounds, but if I do. You know I'll swing by. Wink