| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Zirctone Tone Bar: My Positive Experience
Michael Luxem

Northfield, Minnesota, USA
Post  Posted 9 Feb 2023 6:10 am    

After trying tone bars of different diameters (7/8” and 15/16”), lengths (10- and 12-string), and materials (stainless steel/chrome, ceramic/polymer, zirconia), I found Mark Horton Smith’s Zirctone 7/8” 10-string bar gives me the hand feel, glide, and sound I prefer when playing through a Benado Steel Dream and Little Walter (100W/PF-35 speaker). For me, the bar is worth the price.

A few weeks ago, I noticed the bar occasionally catching on some strings. I found it to have a hairline fissure, about 2" long, running lengthwise. When I contacted Mark about the problem, I mentioned that I did not recall ever dropping the bar, and that, if I had, I play only at home with my guitar set on carpet. To my pleasant surprise, Mark suggested the fissure may have been the result of a production error and that he wanted to replace the bar at no cost to me. Really? Unbelievable! Customer service grade A+ for sure. Go to the head of the class, Mark! Superior product + outstanding customer service: A beautiful combination seldom seen in today's marketplace.