| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Teddy Carr and Emmons Steel
Brett Day

Pickens, SC
Post  Posted 17 Feb 2023 2:01 pm    

Recently on YouTube, I watched a video where the band Ricochet was on Prime Time Country in 1996, and it was before steel player Teddy Carr was playing the black Franklin and the Carter. On the show, Teddy was playing an Emmons LeGrande D-10, and I couldn't help but wonder what year the steel was. At the time, Ricochet's first record featuring "What Do I Know" and "Daddy's Money" had just been released. The Emmons in the video is either burgundy or plum colored.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Dean Holman

Branson MO
Post  Posted 20 Feb 2023 11:46 pm    

When I was with Tanya Tucker, we played on a cruise with Ricochet. Unless Teddy had two Franklins, the one that I saw him play was this smoky swirly gray looking Formica. Bruce Zumsteg used to have this same Formica. In fact, Bruce Bouton used to have a Zum the same color as Teddy’s Franklin. This would’ve been back in ‘98. Come to think of it, I’m not 100 percent sure, but that Franklin may have had a black top, but the front and back, was definitely that smoky gray color.
Brett Day

Pickens, SC
Post  Posted 21 Feb 2023 1:14 am    

Dean Holman wrote:
When I was with Tanya Tucker, we played on a cruise with Ricochet. Unless Teddy had two Franklins, the one that I saw him play was this smoky swirly gray looking Formica. Bruce Zumsteg used to have this same Formica. In fact, Bruce Bouton used to have a Zum the same color as Teddy’s Franklin. This would’ve been back in ‘98. Come to think of it, I’m not 100 percent sure, but that Franklin may have had a black top, but the front and back, was definitely that smoky gray color.

The swirly gray Franklin was the steel Teddy had played during Ricochet's live shows. When Ricochet was on the Prime Time Country show in '98 or '99, Teddy was playing the swirly gray Franklin. One of Teddy's Franklins was on display at the 2000 ISGC after Teddy had left Ricochet, since Teddy left the band in 2000. The swirly gray Franklin was possibly Teddy's main touring guitar in '98 or '99
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger