| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  1946 Rickenbacker Model B electro lap steel. sold!
Thomas Mardas

Maine, USA
Post  Posted 23 Dec 2022 5:15 pm    

This lap steel works fine as it should. All original, has a tiny cap missing from one knob and some scratches here and there but otherwise in good shape. The volume knob does make some noise when turning but i keep it up so i don't worry. May need cleaner. The tone knob however makes no noise which is great as i typically like to adjust that one depending on the song or tuning. The 1.25 inch horse shoe pickup is powerful and has a wonderful tone. I honestly can't tell the difference between it and my friends model b with the larger one. has that same warm fat tone.

What else, comes with original case, missing handle but the buckles all work. this guitar is heavy being bakelite so if i were to gig with her she deserves a better case anyway. Tuners are amazing and keep it in tune very well. Model is somewhat scarce as it's the black bakelite body and black covers. Great price for this. I just listed it on Reverb also for more to cover the fees etc but if she sells here first then so be it. I know how to package guitars very well and typically use Fed ex or UPS. Shipping is a very fair 35 bucks in the continental USA. I have shipped to Canada but you will have to pay actual shipping. Same with Hawaii and Alaska.

$750.00 For a bakelite rick, that's a deal and a half. My feedback on Reverb and ebay are both perfect and i accept returns for any reason at all. i'm willing to trade for a hawaiian silver rick ( i would add money of course) or an electar with horse shoe magnet pickup or rickenbacker model 59 if in great condition. Strike while the iron is hot.

I have tried to sell other guitars so far on this site, my national tricone and my scotty and was surprised with the great prices they didn't sell. Both items sold for more on reverb but i'm hoping i can make a sale on the forum for a change as i have met a few great individuals and musicians and am a trustworthy man that loves guitar playing. Id rather sell her than trade however.

I also like the Gibson ultratone lap steels and would be willing to possibly trade for one of those as well. The colors are just so sexy. Hope you all have a wonderful Christmas, Hannukah, or Pagan ritual whatever floats your boat and a safe and prosperous New Year! Cheers! tom. call, email, message me. I will throw in the antique slide and power cable she came with when i bought her also. Just put a new set of C6 scotty strings on her.

Christmas Island and Aloha Oe sound beautiful on this guitar.

Last edited by Thomas Mardas on 27 Dec 2022 1:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mike A Holland

United Kingdom
Post  Posted 24 Dec 2022 9:34 am    

Hi Thomas. I want to buy this. Please check your email!
Mike.