| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Bigsby palm pedal nylon bushings
Michael Breid

Eureka Springs, Arkansas, USA
Post  Posted 26 Oct 2022 11:11 am    

I need some of the nylon bushings that go on a Bigsby palm pedal.If anyone knows if these bushings are for something else I'd appreciate knowing where I could find them. Sometimes when you need a certain part for a musical instrument you can find it at the local hardware or automotive store where it is used for something else. Thanks.
Jim Pitman

Waterbury Ctr. VT 05677 USA
Post  Posted 11 Dec 2022 3:10 am    

Have you checked McMaster-Carr?
I don't know the dimensions of the bushing you speak of but I do know MC has a wide variety.
Michael Breid

Post  Posted 22 Dec 2022 1:19 pm    

I'm looking for a Bigsby Palm Pedal arm. Be it for the B or G string. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Michael Breid

Post  Posted 30 Jan 2023 5:22 pm     Bigsby Palm Pedal construction update

Not having any luck finding nylon bushings for my Bigsby Palm Pedal I settled for bronze bushings from the local hardware store that work perfectly. The aluminum I was trying to find to make an extra arm for my palm pedal I found on the net via Amazon. It's 8"x8"x 5/16th (8mm) thick. This is the same thickness of my palm pedal arm. Using the existing palm pedal arm as a pattern I fashioned a duplicate. I saw a picture of Weldon Myrick with a dobro with palm pedals on it. He used as a base a Bigsby Palm Pedal Telecaster base. This is what I used. I'm not sure what strings Weldon raised, but I installed my palm pedal arms to raise the first string on my dobro from D to E (G tuning.). The second arm raises my second string from B to C. All is working well, and thanks for the tips from Forum members who helped me complete this project.