| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Can a Peavey Stereo Chorus 400 amp be “voice adjusted?”
Marty Broussard

Broussard, Louisiana, USA
Post  Posted 16 Oct 2022 3:51 pm    

I have a Stereo Chorus 400 that I’d like to have “voiced” like my NV400. Based upon the Peavey manuals they’re close but a little different—-and sound that way to my ears. (I plugged the Stereo Chorus into the NV400 speaker/combo to compare them). Can that amp be modded? . I know it’s not point-to-point wiring, and I’m not an electronics guy, so I’m forced to ask…..

Thanks for any feedback.

"Technique is really the elimination of the unnecessary..it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to achieve the smooth flow of energy and intent" Yehudi Menuhin
Steve Hinson

Hendersonville Tn USA
Post  Posted 17 Oct 2022 6:10 am     ...well...

Weldon Myrick had one of those amps that sounded great...with the stock speakers.

I would think the 15"speaker would go along way towards gettingthe sound you desire...

good luck
SH
ajm

Los Angeles
Post  Posted 17 Oct 2022 7:44 am    

You weren't specific as to what you want to tweak, or what you do/don't like, but voicing usually means EQ, so we'll fly with that.

This amp appears to already have a lot of EQ'ing power built in already.
But in addition to that, my initial reaction was to put a graphic EQ in the effects loop and see what you can get doing that.

As was noted, the speakers and cabinet size are going to play a big part in all of this.

This amp may be a candidate for a chip mod.
If there are sockets that would be easy.

If the amp is too "beamy" or "ice-picky" you could try a beam blocker of some sort on the speakers.

I did a very quick Google search for pictures of the insides and/or a schematic but didn't really have a lot of luck.
I also did a very quick Google search for mods for this amp and didn't turn up anything.
You could try searching this forum for past topics on this amp if you haven't already done so.

There's an old engineering saying: Given enough time and/or money we can do anything.
But my gut feel is that unless you get lucky or are looking to do something really simple, you may spend a lot of time and not get what you were looking for.