| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  hurt my back
Ron Sodos

San Antonio, Texas USA
Post  Posted 6 Oct 2022 3:43 am    

Double 10 getting too heavy. I still want to play so considering a single neck GFI. How much do they weigh? Recommendations???
Dave Hopping

Aurora, Colorado
Post  Posted 6 Oct 2022 4:19 am    

I've never owned or even played a GFI, but they look pretty good. The website lists the weight of each model. Not sure if the weights include the case but I think not. They're still pretty portable, reasonably priced and might be just the thing.

One thing you can do for the moment is get a 61 key keyboard gig bag and carry the legs, pedal rack and leg bag in it. I did that with my Mullen RP U-12, and took enough weight off the guitar-in-case to make a noticeable difference.

Every little bit helps! Winking
Ron Sodos

San Antonio, Texas USA
Post  Posted 6 Oct 2022 5:49 am     split cases

I already have split cases.
Still way too heavy!
Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 6 Oct 2022 5:56 am    

I have a, bought new, SD-10 (S-10 with pad as GFI calls it). 30 lbs. The S-10 is listed as 26 1/2 lbs. Not sure what the D-10 is.

The GFI case that came with the guitar is 17 lbs. I'm using a Gator G-PG-49 Padded keyboard case, 6 lbs.
David Dorwart

Orlando, Florida, USA
Post  Posted 6 Oct 2022 8:04 am    

One feature I love about my GFI Ultra is the minimal footprint it has on stage, in my rehearsal space and car. I have S-10 no pad that weighs 27 pounds. I believe the case is 11 pounds so 38 pounds all in -in a very compact easy to maneuver package. Great tone and playability. I am a very happy GFI player
Bobby D. Jones

West Virginia, USA
Post  Posted 6 Oct 2022 6:37 pm    

A GFI S12 Ultra keyed, With 7 pedals and 4 KL weighs 32 Lb. Cased it weighs 49 Lb. in its GFI case.
Bob Watson

Champaign, Illinois, U.S.
Post  Posted 7 Oct 2022 2:59 pm    

GFI's are nice, and even the student model plays well. Having said that, I would also look into the Zum Encore, built by Doug Earnest. It weighs less than 50 lbs in the case and I've been taking mine to gigs without breaking it down. I put the case in my Van and then put the steel in the case. The guitar alone weighs less than 30 lbs. I'm just getting over a hernia operation so I have been very conscience about the weight of everything I've been lifting. The Encore is an outstanding steel guitar and I enjoy playing it as much as I do my P/P Emmons or my D10 Zum. He has been back ordered for a while but he's supposed to start taking orders again soon. They sound great, play great and are really light weight. They are also very reasonably priced! Good luck with your search for a light steel, I hope you find what you're looking for. https://www.stageonesteelguitars.com/