| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Cody Johnson’s Steel Player???
Bill Cunningham

Atlanta, Ga. USA
Post  Posted 5 Sep 2022 12:49 pm    

I heard this guy Saturday night on Opry Live TV and again this morning on The Today Show. Tasty licks and perfect tone by a young man on a black SD-10 Mullen G2.

I just checked Cody’s web page and he lists the band members. I see it’s Harrison Yount who has been mentioned here and maybe participates.

Good stuff!
Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 5 Sep 2022 1:03 pm    

Harrison [as member William] Yount posted here in jan of 21 as playing with Cody.
Don't know if that's still current.

I saw him on an airing of the Opry back in June of this year, but I dunno when that was taped.

Dynamite player though.
Bill Cunningham

Atlanta, Ga. USA
Post  Posted 5 Sep 2022 6:43 pm    

Jerry Overstreet wrote:
Harrison [as member William] Yount posted here in jan of 21 as playing with Cody.
Don't know if that's still current.

I saw him on an airing of the Opry back in June of this year, but I dunno when that was taped.

Dynamite player though.

Cody’s web page says his steel player is Harrison. And the web site picture matches the guy live on the Opry Saturday and on The Today Show this morning. Seems the data are triangulated. Laughing
George Haedicke

Florida, USA
Post  Posted 8 Sep 2022 2:28 pm     Ian Haedicke

I have been a Pedal Steel Guitar player since March 29th 2014. I have learned a lot of my favorite songs on the pedal steel guitar. They are the hardest musical instruments I have ever played in my life. But I do love playing them. And when I first started out playing Pedal Steel Guitar. I would have been practicing for up to 7 1/2 hours in one day at the most. I also think that they are really cool instruments[[/list]
George Haedicke

Florida, USA
Post  Posted 8 Sep 2022 2:31 pm     Ian Haedicke

I know that the Pedal Steel Guitar player for Country Singer Darius Rucker is Shasha Oxstrovsky
Bill Ferguson

Milton, FL USA
Post  Posted 9 Sep 2022 6:17 am    

Harrison Yount. Bill C, if you were paying attention at the Dallas show, Harrison knocked it out of the park.

And besides that, he is a fine young man with his head screwed on right.
AUTHORIZED George L's, Goodrich, Telonics and Peavey Dealer: I have 2 steels and several amps. My current rig of choice is 1993 Emmons LeGrande w/ 108 pups (Jack Strayhorn built for me), Goodrich OMNI Volume Pedal, George L's cables, Goodrich Baby Bloomer and Peavey Nashville 112. Can't get much sweeter.
Dan Rollans

Little Rock, Arkansas, USA
Post  Posted 9 Sep 2022 2:42 pm     Harrison at Bristol for nascar post race show?

I believe Cody will be performing Saturday night September 17th at Bristol Speedway after the nascar cup race. I hope to see Harrison there with him. NASCAR at Bristol plus steel guitar, that’s a win win!
Bill Cunningham

Atlanta, Ga. USA
Post  Posted 9 Sep 2022 4:54 pm    

Bill Ferguson wrote:
Harrison Yount. Bill C, if you were paying attention at the Dallas show, Harrison knocked it out of the park.

And besides that, he is a fine young man with his head screwed on right.

Ah…yes. I do remember that now! Thanks for the reminder.
Harrison Yount

Boerne, Texas
Post  Posted 13 Jun 2023 11:59 am    

Thank you for the kind words everyone! I've never been a very active user on the forum so I always end up responding to people months later than I should so my apologies for the delay!

I played with Kacey Musgraves for a year and then got on the Cody Johnson tour, who I've now been with for 5 years. Fun tour and always a treat getting to do the Opry and TV stuff!

Jerry, thank you for the compliment and the clarification! I had my name changed on the forum to Harrison since that's what everyone knows me by! When I signed up on the forum years ago, I used my legal name initially which I think has only caused confusion Laughing so hopefully this makes me a little easier to find and identify!

Thanks again for the kind words everyone. They mean a lot!
Little Walter PF-89
Ricky Davis

Bertram, Texas USA
Post  Posted 14 Jun 2023 8:50 am    

Harrison; YES INDEED that is Country/Honky Tonk IN YOUR FACE playing....great work and you being a TEXAN...you do get it!!!!!
Cody is kickin' A$$.....that's how ya sing a Country Song....great singer; great band....see ya out there somewhere hopefully> I mainly pick and produce with www.weldonhenson.com
Ricky
Joseph Napolitano

New Jersey, USA
Post  Posted 15 Jun 2023 5:37 pm    

Harrison did a drive-by in the Mullen room in Dallas this year. Wowzer !