| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Light weight steel cases
Gary Steele

Columbus, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 8 Aug 2006 9:12 am    

I think i'm gonna have one made. Does anyone know where to find them?.
Thanks,
Gary.
Allen Howington

North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 11 Aug 2006 7:03 am    

Allen Howington
posted 26 April 2006 12:55 PM profile send email edit
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I just wanted to pass on something good about a nice businessman that I just made acquaintance with today. It is Mr. Wade Thomas, owner of Thomas Custom Case Co. in Burlington N.C. 336-226-6811. I gave him a call last night and he instantly became concerned in trying to solve my case problem, although it was nothing to do with any faulty work or problem from his company. It was just a worn out 30-year-old case that I wanted to restore. I went to visit his place of business today and he did everything but roll out some of that pretty red case lining that he puts in his cases. I just want to highly recommend Mr. Thomas for any case needs or new purchases that any of my Forum Brothers might have. He will bend over backwards to satisfy you, today and tomorrow.
Steel Buddy,

Allen Howington

Willis Vanderberg

Petoskey Mi
Post  Posted 11 Aug 2006 2:53 pm    

I want to add that Wade also makes a beautiful set of split cases for us older folks who don't want to pick up eighty pounds anymore.I have a set for my Emmons p/p in a black floral hand tooled look and they are gorgeous.

Old Bud
John Coffman

Wharton,Texas USA
Post  Posted 20 Aug 2006 4:58 am    

Sound like what I need
John Hobaugh

Farmington, NM, USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 22 Aug 2006 6:15 am    

Allen, Thanks for the info. Ive been trying to find a case for my Magnatone lap steel so Ill give him a call. I used to have a good friend that lived in lillington. His name was Dennis Williams. He played rythum and sang. I went back there in '87' and we had a jam session for about three days.
Again thanks
John
Gary Oatsvall

El Cajon, CA USA
Post  Posted 22 Aug 2006 11:43 am    

I've had the two cases Wade made me for a couple of months now and they are great. I guess the proper name is "Split Cases." Sure took the weight down separating the guitar case from the legs, pedal bar and rods case. The guitar case has snap on/off wheels which really simplifies transporting . The quality of Wade's workmanship is professional and the materials he uses is just the best. His raised chrome corners, covering I believe Tolex, new type wheels, (lock snap not pull outs) are just the best. Working with him on the phone regarding questions, well it's just like he's sitting right their in your living room. Just a great guy and what a craftsman.