| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Recommendations for effects processor
Ben Godard

Jamesville NC
Post  Posted 23 Jul 2022 6:54 am    

I’m getting away from my rack system which I do love but I’m tired of lugging a rack around. Is there a good multi effects processor that’s good for steel guitar. Preferably one that could mount to tbe steel guitar leg

Thanks
Jon Light

Saugerties, NY
Post  Posted 23 Jul 2022 7:05 am    

I now use a full blown pedal board, sitting on its case by my side. But before that, for several years I used a PodXT with a leg clamp. The specific reason I liked this better than a lot of other digital solutions is that it is very tweak-friendly. You can set it up so that you do NOT need to scroll through sub-menus on the fly, on the bandstand. It has a lot of controls that can be dedicated to tweaking the reverb or the delay or any effects you want to have at your fingertips. Or you can set up banks of memories to be ready, song by song. You don't have to use the amp models (although I did, during the years I was using the Pod.)
The effects sounded good enough for me.
Chris Willingham

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 23 Jul 2022 10:59 am    

Line6 HX Stomp would do exactly what you’re after and a lot more. The great Bruce Bouton has one on his board!

2021 MSA Legend XL Signature S10 5X6 brown burst
Beard Josh Swift Sig, the purple one
Lap King Rodeo
p2p Bad Dawg 1x12, Quilter TT12 and a bunch of fiddles
K Maul

Hadley, NY/Hobe Sound, FL
Post  Posted 23 Jul 2022 11:20 am    

I find the ZOOM Multistomp MS50G and CDR70 quite useful. The boxes are metal and well constructed and effects are good quality. And there are many many choices - you can set up chains of up to six FX and you can scroll through various scenarios. I keep it pretty simple and it works great for me.
https://youtu.be/5wdHJjk5Uzw
KEVIN MAUL: Airline, Beard, Clinesmith, Donner, Evans, Excel, Fender, Fluger, Gibson, Hilton, Ibanez, Justice, K+K, Live Strings, MOYO, National, Oahu, Peterson, Quilter, Rickenbacher, Sho~Bud, Supro, TC, Ultimate, VHT, Williams, X-otic, Yamaha, ZKing.
Tim Harr

Dunlap, Illinois
Post  Posted 8 Aug 2022 8:54 pm    

Bruce's board

Mullen G2 D-10 (9p/5k)
Retired, US Army Band (Steel/Dobro/Guitar)
Kemper Profiler / LW 89
forrest klott

Grand Rapids Mi USA
Post  Posted 9 Aug 2022 4:29 pm    

Another vote for the Line 6 HX Stomp. Next to the Lexicon MPX1 I have in my rack rig, its the best thing I’ve used yet. Actually, it’s more of a tie as to which is my favorite between the two. It’s SO easy to use, and the Fender amp models sound so good for steel that the last several jobs I’ve had I’ve just used it through a Tone Block 202 in the FRFR setting into a pair of cabs. Plus, its SOOO easy to set up. Wait, I already said that! Leaving my post as is for added emphasis. 😉