| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Strike 2 against the Peavey
Bill Bassett

Papamoa New Zealand
Post  Posted 17 Jul 2022 1:06 pm    

I really like my Peavey Nashville 112. Tone, size, all of that, but…it’s crapped out twice now. On the job. Just quits working. First time I got it fixed it was a circuit that somehow became loose? Don’t know exactly but it was a quick fix. I’ll take it in again today and get her fixed but I’m worried about reliability now. I was lucky yesterday because there was an amp available to use. Anyway. I’m somewhat limited here in New Zealand. The music shops have VOX, Laney, Blackstar, Orange and a few (expensive) Fender bass amps. Maybe I’ll just have to fire up the katana again. I’m just venting after a frustrating gig.
Andy Vance

Graham, Washington, USA
Post  Posted 17 Jul 2022 8:07 pm    

I have been there! I now carry a GK MB-200 in my bag as a backup. It works as needed if my amp dies and I can at least get through the gig.
Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 18 Jul 2022 2:13 am    

A common problem is the "normal through" contact on the return jack on the effect loops and the power amp in. A dirty contact can cause loss of signal.

Connect a guitar cord between the Pre EQ effects loop out and return, if that isn't the problem do the same on the Post EQ effects loop and if not the problem do the same between the Preamp Out and Power Amp in on the rear. Chances are its one of these three. I've worked on a couple of these and that has been the problem. Plugging and unplugging several times cleans the contact, if not it will need contact cleaner to fix it.

To add. this can be a problem in any Peavey as those "normal through" jacks are used in most amps (and some other brands).

Last edited by Jack Stoner on 18 Jul 2022 4:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Jon Light

Saugerties, NY
Post  Posted 18 Jul 2022 4:34 am    

Losing trust in an essential piece of gigging gear is serious. And a seriously distracting thing to have lurking in your mind. I totally agree that carrying a small backup head will cover your peace-of-mind (and practical) needs. You'll need to rig a speaker cable to attach to the lugs on the PV speaker since apparently the speaker is hard-wired. Myself, I'd install a jack in back of the cabinet. I carry a Quilter Pro Block for just-in-cases.