| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Fender Twin Tone Master settings for acoustics?
Brooks Montgomery

Idaho, USA
Post  Posted 27 May 2022 3:20 pm    

First, I understand that Fender Twin TM is not a good acoustic guitar amp (and I do own a Fishman Loudbox mini)
but. . . .

Any of you Twin Tone Master owners find any EQ settings, bright switch, input 1 or 2 combinations that are passible for playing a dobro or acoustic at gigs?

The amp is working fantastically for pedal steel, blues lap steel, and blues harp, thanks to the attenuator switch. It's good enough that I could probably start leaving my pedal board behind. . .

The coup de grace would be if I could get it to sound good with my dobro/nashville pick-up/JD Aura pedal, and also with my Gibson L-00 with LR Baggs Element pickup.

Anybody discover any settings for acoustics that you are pleased with?
thanks,

Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 27 May 2022 3:49 pm    

I honestly never tried it but I have my doubts. There may be a way with some outboard gear to eq more in detail. I have a Fender Mustang III that was supposed to be acoustic friendly also. I wasn't satisfied with it and acoustic. I may try my Tonemaster and see what the results are with and without the Fishman Aura Spectrum.
Willem Langeveld

California, USA
Post  Posted 30 May 2022 10:59 pm    

I have used the Tone Master Twin with my d’Angelico Excel Madison, which has a Fishman pickup in it. I may have dialed up the brightness a bit on the Fishman tone controls, but other than that it sounds okay to me. Didn’t need to change a lot on the TM controls. I use the TM reverb, and that’s okay too. Not sure I’d gig that way, but then, I don’t gig a lot anyway…

Willy.
Dekley S12 5-4 with Alumitone PU, Telonics Pro volume pedal, Peterson StroboPlus HD tuner, Peavey Nashville 112 with Strymon Big Sky reverb or Headrush Pedalboard with my own pedal steel patch, or Fender Tone Master Twin Reverb with Strymon Big Sky through the normal channel.