| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Helix/HX favorite presets
C. Eric Banister

Scottsburg, Indiana, USA
Post  Posted 27 May 2022 4:18 am    

I use the HX line for all my instruments, and now starting on the pedal steel, I'll be running it through.

I have my guitars dialed in, but has anyone found an amp or preset that they love their steel through in it?
Steve Schmidt

Ramsey, MN, USA
Post  Posted 31 May 2022 6:07 am    

I’m interested to see responses to this question as I will be playing in church in a couple weeks and have been offered the churches spare Helix to use. I plan to go and play with it prior to the church service
forrest klott

Grand Rapids Mi USA
Post  Posted 31 May 2022 9:27 am    

Hey guys,

I’ve got the HX Stomp XL and I’m coming to really like it. So far I’ve been happiest using their version of a Twin Reverb (Double Verb I think) but instead of using the full amp/cabinet I’m selecting the preamp. From there I’m using the vintage digital delay along with either their hall or plate reverb. Tonight or tomorrow if I can get a chance I’ll take pics of all my settings and post them. One key I’ve found that makes the tone I’m getting infinitely better is to use one of Brad Sarno’s Black Boxes. It REALLY warms things up and smooths things out. I feel like it takes things from being 75-80% close to a real tube amp up to 90% or more. For power I’m running it through one of the old Peavey PX300’s. It’s sounding good enough that I’m considering taking it out a gig this coming weekend.

I’ll follow this post up with settings as soon as I can.

Skeeter