| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  WARNING SCAM SELLER (Randy Cuellar)(Kenneth Krom)
Trevor Stellflug

Portland Oregon, USA
Post  Posted 18 Mar 2022 8:15 pm    

Earlier today I posted a wanted ad for a Zum Stage One. I got a private message from a user named "Randy Cuellar" saying I should email his friend Kenneth Krom (kenneth.krom@aol.com). I sent Kenneth an email and he quickly responded with pics of a Zum Stage One saying he would sell it for $1000, he said he got it from a friend who recently passed away and needs money so he's looking to sell it. His paypal user info was xuanfengbeibao041@outlook.com.

After a quick google search of this "Kenneth Krom" it didn't take very long to figure out he is a very well known scammer on other forums. There were similar experiences with other people where a random user sends them a message telling them to email kenneth.krom@aol.com about an instrument that he's selling for way under value. He then sends them a paypal user name that is obviously bogus.

Just thought I would warn everyone about this guy!!! Do not reply to user Randy Cuellar!!!

Last edited by Trevor Stellflug on 21 Mar 2022 9:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dennis Bailey

Fort Worth Texas
Post  Posted 19 Mar 2022 5:32 am    

I had a similar experience with this Randy guy.
I'm looking for an Emmons and emailed "Ken" about it.
I gave him my phone number and get a call from him. He speaks very little English and said he would sell the Emmons for 2,000.
Kens phone number is 818-533-8905
these guys are total scammers
b0b

Cloverdale, CA, USA
Post  Posted 19 Mar 2022 8:17 am    

Thanks, guys. I have deactivated his account.

Cloverdale, CA, USA
Post  Posted 21 Mar 2022 7:07 pm    

Stan Scantling wrote:
Be aware of Kenneth Krom / henryarogol15 @gmail.com paid him 200 dollars thru pay pal and no response. I contacted pay pay since this was done family and friends they can’t refund my money. Just a heads up if you pay family and friends thru pay pal there is no refund.

This is true. If you use PayPal's "Friends and Family" the recipient isn't charged for the transaction, and you have no recourse if the deal goes bad. You trust your friends and family. Never use it with someone you don't trust.

This "Wanted to Buy" scam is hard to prevent. We shut them down as soon as we are made aware of them. If you suspect a user of baiting you, please contact me.

Cloverdale, CA, USA
Post  Posted 21 Mar 2022 7:08 pm     Scam

Lee Baucum wrote:
https://trombonechat.com/viewtopic.php?t=25919

Last edited by b0b on 22 Mar 2022 6:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jeffrey Snyder

Virginia, USA
Post  Posted 22 Mar 2022 6:49 pm    

I too was contacted by Randy Cuellar who told me to contact Kenneth Krom. Sounded fishy right off the bat. Thanks to Bob and everyone who keeps our forum safe. It is a mean world out there. We must stay sharp! ‬
1973 Sho-Bud LDG-Round Front (3&4), 1976 Marlen D-10 (8&4), Emmons Legrande II (8&6), Marlen and Jim Dunlop Bars, Sho-Bud Volume, Emmons Volume, 1983 Peavey Nashville 400, 1989 Peavey Nashville 400, Quilter Steelaire, Catalinbread Belle Epoch Analog Delay, Peterson Strobo Plus HD Tuner, National and Herco Thumbpicks, National Fingerpicks