| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Is This A Peavey Session 2000 Factory Preset?
Jerry Van Hoose

Wears Valley, Tennessee
Post  Posted 23 Mar 2022 5:21 am    

Before I download steel presets from a Peavey cache card, may I ask, is the preset pictured a Peavey Session 2000 factory preset or one from a previous card? Or, in other words…if I download the presets from a cache card, will this preset be deleted or is it in a “bank” where it will remain? I wouldn’t want to lose this particular preset/program. Thank you for your consideration.
Larry Dering

Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 23 Mar 2022 1:22 pm    

Jerry, I can't speak for all cards but I don't remember seeing this present on the Peavey Profex II. I believe it will erase it. Maybe Ken Fox will know.
Bill Ferguson

Milton, FL USA
Post  Posted 23 Mar 2022 1:38 pm    

Stand by, I should have you an answer in a day or so.
AUTHORIZED George L's, Goodrich, Telonics and Peavey Dealer: I have 2 steels and several amps. My current rig of choice is 1993 Emmons LeGrande w/ 108 pups (Jack Strayhorn built for me), Goodrich OMNI Volume Pedal, George L's cables, Goodrich Baby Bloomer and Peavey Nashville 112. Can't get much sweeter.
Jerry Van Hoose

Wears Valley, Tennessee
Post  Posted 23 Mar 2022 2:52 pm    

Thanks, Bill. As we’ve previously discussed, I’ve just recently begun using my Session 2000 after finding an excellent PX300 to use in conjunction with it. In the past, I’ve had 4 cache cards with combinations of different presets. I sold 3 however, I’ve always held onto one. That particular card was downloaded from Jeff Newmans personal amp and it contained actual Session 2000 presets, unlike those found on the ProFex II, TubeFex & TranstubeFex. I packed everything away last month during our move to our new house and now I can’t find that cache card. I’ve found everything else but not that card. I’ve compiled several programs from Forum members cards, varying from Profex II to actual TranstubeFex Presets (Thank you Bill, Jack & Dale). Using these programs with some tweaking, thankfully I’ve been able replicate most of my original favorite presets. Long ago, I heard Jeff play while using his “Jeffs Session 2000” preset and liked it very much and I have it in my amp. I just don’t want to lose it while adding and storing the remainder of presets from the final card. If “Jeffs Session 2000” preset is a Peavey factory preset then, it can’t be deleted and will always return if and whenever the amp is reinitialized therefore, I have nothing to be concerned about. Bill, I’ll hold off compiling further presets until I hear from you.😀
Bill Ferguson

Milton, FL USA
Post  Posted 24 Mar 2022 6:28 am    

email sent
AUTHORIZED George L's, Goodrich, Telonics and Peavey Dealer: I have 2 steels and several amps. My current rig of choice is 1993 Emmons LeGrande w/ 108 pups (Jack Strayhorn built for me), Goodrich OMNI Volume Pedal, George L's cables, Goodrich Baby Bloomer and Peavey Nashville 112. Can't get much sweeter.
Jerry Van Hoose

Wears Valley, Tennessee
Post  Posted 24 Mar 2022 7:08 am    

Email received & answered, thank you. Everything worked very well, all finished compiling the presets.😀