| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Headphone use options with a Nashville 1000?
John Sims

Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Post  Posted 2 Mar 2022 10:27 am    

Hi All,

I have a Nashville 1000 and would like to use headphones to play when the wife is working/watching her TV shows, but there is no headphone output jack on an N1000. I am using pre-amp and power amp loops on the front panel for volume pedal (pre EQ patch) and effects loops (post EQ patch), so I don't think I can use the rear pre-amp out jack at the same time. I do have an audio interface hooked up but would prefer not to use that device all of the time to monitor while I practice. I also have a Boss DD-3 and a Boss CE-5 stomp pedal, with dual outputs hooked to the post EQ patch circuit. I don't know if they would drive a set of headphones. Any N1000 owner or other suggestions?

John

1997 Carter U-12 Double Body-Natural Birdseye Maple-8p/5k, Peavey Nashville 1000 Amp, Goodrich L10K Vol. Pedal, Boss DD-3 Delay, Boss CE-5 Chorus, Behringer UMC-204HD Audio Interface, AKAI MPK Mini MK3 Professional Midi Keyboard/Controller, Gretsch Bobtail Resonator, Fender Banjo, Rondo SX Lap Steel (C6), DIY Lap Steel (Open D), and a few Mojo Hand Cigar Box Guitars (MojoHandGuitars.com).
Karl Paulsen

Chicago
Post  Posted 2 Mar 2022 1:07 pm    

My guess is the XLR out to a headphone amp is your best bet.

Something like this is pretty darn affordable.
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/MA400--behringer-micromon-ma400-monitor-headphone-amplifier
Looks like you could even put a separate audio source in and balance the two to taste.

Chicago Valley Railroad. Trainspotting and Bargain Hunting...
https://chicagovalleyrailroad.blogspot.com/
John Sims

Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Post  Posted 2 Mar 2022 1:20 pm    

Karl,

EXACTLY what I was looking for! Thank you!

John

1997 Carter U-12 Double Body-Natural Birdseye Maple-8p/5k, Peavey Nashville 1000 Amp, Goodrich L10K Vol. Pedal, Boss DD-3 Delay, Boss CE-5 Chorus, Behringer UMC-204HD Audio Interface, AKAI MPK Mini MK3 Professional Midi Keyboard/Controller, Gretsch Bobtail Resonator, Fender Banjo, Rondo SX Lap Steel (C6), DIY Lap Steel (Open D), and a few Mojo Hand Cigar Box Guitars (MojoHandGuitars.com).