| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Paczkis and Pickups...it's a great day!
Steve Gwizdalski

NW Indiana
Post  Posted 1 Mar 2022 5:08 pm    

Bob Carlucci

Candor, New York, USA
Post  Posted 2 Mar 2022 4:50 am    

They have those for sale all the time in a store locally.. To me, they look like a plain old jelly or cream donut.. Nothing wrong with that.. The jelly donut IS nature's perfect food. Whats the the difference I wonder between a Paczki and a donut?,, Inquiring minds and all that... bob

no gear list for me.. you don't have the time......
Steve Gwizdalski

NW Indiana
Post  Posted 2 Mar 2022 6:35 am    

Bob, the way I heard it is the Paczki is traditionally made with a richer, sweeter dough than a regular doughnut. My go-to Mom & Pop bakery was already out of them, so I got these at the grocery.
As soon as I got home I checked the mail and saw my Sentell pickups had arrived. So I put on the coffee, broke out the Paczkis, and opened up the box from Sentell - pretty good start to my Fat Tuesday afternoon.
Jack Hanson

San Luis Valley, USA
Post  Posted 2 Mar 2022 7:38 am    

After using several custom Sentell P-90s with the wider polepiece spacing in a handful of previous postwar Gibson lap steel rescues, I installed a pair of custom 7-string Stringmaster-style pickups from the Sentell's in this basketcase Ultratone-7. Wired to a volume, a tone, and a blend pot, the instrument is hardly a looker, but it plays and sounds like a million bucks.

The Sentell's welcome custom orders, and steel guitar pickups are one of their specialties. Excellent pickups at a reasonable price. Christine & Jerry know what they're doing.

Gotta admit those pastries look better'n my Gibson!

Steve Gwizdalski

NW Indiana
Post  Posted 2 Mar 2022 9:03 am    

That's a great looking Gibson, Jack. I love a great sounding guitar that has worked hard and earned it's scars. 'Stuff That Works' as Guy Clark would say.
Btw, that rescue Ric you had on here the other day was killer - very cool! I had to go back to that thread a few times.
I acquired a Hudson Deluxe 8 kit from one of my very best friends a few weeks ago - he's got too much going on right now to get to it, so I figured I'd take a run at it (first timer). Ordered the Sentells...looking forward to working on this.