| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Cheap Seat Alternative at Costco
Eric Long

Bay Area, California, USA
Post  Posted 25 Feb 2022 10:53 am    

Picked up one of these at my local Costco for $50 (Not the 2 pack as shown in the link).

It's adjustable, sturdy, and is a lot cheaper than a drum throne of similar build quality. It is a bit bulky, but for non-gigging players this is a great seat.

I'm still looking for a pac-a-seat, but this will do for now...

https://www.costco.com/koda-2-pack-ultra-cushioned-pneumatic-shop-stool-.product.100794368.html

[/url]
Larry Dering

Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 25 Feb 2022 7:22 pm    

Eric, glad it works for you. After enough seat time you will appreciate the better stuff. I built my 1st pac seat and the cheap foam available locally was not getting me any comfort. I soon bought a Steelers Choice seat and over 25 years later it still works good. My son is a drummer and his 1st seat came with the set and was just like my original homemade seat. Poor foam. I bought him the fat padded professional seat and he's used it every since. I'm not knocking your find, just telling my experience with drum stools and steel seats I've ran across.
Ron Pruter

Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 26 Feb 2022 8:03 pm    

If this seat only adjusts 4 inches as stated, and it is 28" high, it may be too high. IMHO. RP

Texas, USA
Post  Posted 26 Feb 2022 10:23 pm    

I tried a drum throne, but I recently bought this Proline memory foam bench for $80 at Guitar Center, and I like it better. One of the height settings is 21" on the nose, and I like that it doesn't swivel or tip over.

Dave Mudgett

Central Pennsylvania and Gallatin, Tennessee
Post  Posted 26 Feb 2022 11:36 pm    

Ron Pruter wrote:
If this seat only adjusts 4 inches as stated, and it is 28" high, it may be too high. IMHO. RP

If it adjusts down to 24-25", that's just perfect for me. I use adjustable drum thrones because I cannot live with a 21" steel seat. As they say - there's an ass for every seat, and a seat for every ass. Wink
Rick Barnhart

Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 27 Feb 2022 4:38 am    

For those using folding piano benches. Make certain that the height adjustment pins are fully seated and the retaining knobs tightened. In my haste, I made that mistake once and the bench collapsed underneath me. I was holding my favorite acoustic guitar with both hands in my lap, and I’m convinced that my instinct to protect the guitar during the fall may have saved me from losing a digit. Yes, it hurt!

San Antonio Texas USA
Post  Posted 27 Feb 2022 7:02 am    

Proline memory foam bench. $75
Harbor Freight case. $25

Andrew Goulet

Post  Posted 1 Mar 2022 11:08 am    

I've used a folding piano bench for over a decade, until recently when my wife bought me a Roc-a-Soc drum throne. The piano benches were fine, but the Roc-a-Soc is much, much more comfortable.

+1 to the Harbor Freight cases, as well!