| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Scott Swartz “Shoutout”
Larry Ball

Airdrie, Alberta, Canada
Post  Posted 4 Feb 2022 4:41 pm    

I want to say how happy I am with a “Single Coil” pickup that Scott from “Steeltronic’s “ wound for me. I was hesitant as I didn’t want to have issues regarding installation etc. I spoke with Scott about my expectations regarding “Tone”, “Installation “ and he reassured me that he would provide me with the Exact fit and also custom wind the pick up to give me the “Tone” I was seeking.

As we members on this Forum are always providing information to help others in making decisions regarding the PSG I wanted to submit my experience with “Steeltronic’s “

Thanks Scott for job well done.

Florida, USA
Post  Posted 6 Feb 2022 11:10 am    

Sorry - I just saw this or I would have posted earlier. I agree about Scott and I like my Steeltronic's pickup as well. Very much in fact.
Jon Light

Saugerties, NY
Post  Posted 6 Feb 2022 11:42 am    

I'm extremely fickle ... or more accurately, I'm always trying to figure out just what it is I am trying to find. I put a Steeltronics Z in my Williams but I missed the humbucker with which I was comfortable and I switched back. But I've been searching for...something. HB's can be dull. So I got a different Z and I'm getting some exciting results. I still miss a humbucker sometimes but it cannot get me into this tangy thing that the Z is giving me. It's like the difference between new strings and old ones, the diff between the Z and the HB's.
I would kill for an MSA or Sierra type quick-change system.
Dave Meis

Olympic Peninsula, Washington, USA
Post  Posted 6 Feb 2022 12:45 pm    

I really like the Steeltronics in my G2! It replaced a 705, and after going back and forth, the Steeltronics is the one that's in there. Good string separation and clear harmonics. Smooth highs and less ice-pick.
I'm a fan! Very Happy

Last edited by Dave Meis on 7 Feb 2022 11:32 am; edited 1 time in total
George Macdonald

Vancouver Island BC Canada
Post  Posted 6 Feb 2022 1:26 pm     Steeltronics

I have a "traditional" single coil, [not the Z style], on the way to me that Scott wound to fit the tight pickup cavity in my Carter U12. It should be here later this week. It will replace, [at least temporarily,] my LXR-16. I have always used humbuckers due to the usual hum associated with single coil pickups. I'm not playing out anymore so maybe it can work here at home. Scott is great to work with.
Stu Schulman

Ulster Park New Yawk (deceased)
Post  Posted 7 Feb 2022 1:24 am    

I have Scott's Steeltronics pickups on my Desert Rose Keyless,and My Mullen G2and they are wonderful.
Steeltronics Z-pickup,Desert Rose S-10 4+5,Desert Rose Keyless S-10 3+5... Mullen G2 S-10 3+5,Telonics 206 pickups,Telonics volume pedal.,Blanton SD -10,Emmons GS_10...Zirctone bar,Bill Groner Bar...any amp that isn't broken.Steel Seat.Com seats...Licking paint chips off of Chinese Toys since 1952.
Pat Moore

Virginia USA
Post  Posted 7 Feb 2022 8:10 am     Scott

Got two Emmons s/c rewinds from Scott for one of my PP's. Very Happy Extremely happy!!!
Scott IS "The Man"!