| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Amplitube 4
Carl Burcham

Texas, USA
Post  Posted 4 Feb 2022 10:47 am    

Have any of y’all used amplitube? I know it will work with a steel, but how does it sound for anyone who has used it that’s what I mainly used to play my guitar. If any of y’all have used it what amps and settings are you using?
Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 4 Feb 2022 3:40 pm    

I have an older Amplitude 2 that came with a Sonar (now called Cakewalk by Bandlab) upgrade. I never got anything I was happy with for steel. Newer version may have something that will work.
Jeff Mead

London, England
Post  Posted 5 Feb 2022 8:29 am    

I have used it and found the Fender Twin model works pretty good for pedal steel. I usually use one of the Fender tweed models for lap steel.
Rick Bernauer

Kansas, USA
Post  Posted 6 Feb 2022 1:31 am    

I've used several versions of Amplitube - currently using Amplitube 5. It's easier to dial in good sounds for 6 string guitar than PSG, but isn't that true with real amps. I looked at the amp models that I've used for pedal steel and 90% of the time they're from the Fender Collections (I have both I and II). The Twin and various Deluxe models work for me. Most of the basic edition amps don't seem to handle PSG very well. I use the Amplitube feature of having two amps (and cabinets) to get a fuller sound. I also use the Fender '63 reverb and T-Rex Replica (delay) effects in the signal chain. As with all digital recording software and effects you can spend way too much time turning virtual knobs rather than just playing, but I guess that's part of the fun of Amplitube.
Carl Burcham

Texas, USA
Post  Posted 6 Feb 2022 12:22 pm     Amplitube

Rick,
That Is definitely good to hear I had a feeling people would say the fender packs would work. I have both of the fender packs so I’m ready to try It out. I’m 19 at my parents so I’m limited on the space I have so I was hoping for some good news and definitely got it.
Ken Karn

Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 8 Feb 2022 3:24 pm     S-Gear by Scuffham

Hey, try these guys
Everyone should know about them.
Free demo
You’re welcome in advance Very Happy
Ken