| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  "Waikiki Is Good Enough For Me” & "Rhythm of the Waves” MP3s
Ryan Matzen

Wisconsin, USA
Post  Posted 28 Jan 2022 11:33 pm    

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know how I can contact the owner of Beer Records? I believe it is Dave Stewart. I’d really like to get copies of his MP3 CD’s "Waikiki Is Good Enough For Me” & "Rhythm of the Waves”. I’ve sent a couple of emails to: Stew@Castles.com. But, I’ve never heard back.

Thanks for your help,

Ryan
Ryan Matzen

Wisconsin, USA
Post  Posted 29 Jan 2022 2:06 am    

Or, does anyone know where I can get copies of these MP3’s?

Thanks,

Ryan
Kirk Francis

Laupahoehoe
Post  Posted 29 Jan 2022 7:53 am     waikiki is good enough for me.

it may help you in your search to know that "waikiki is good enough for me" is either the original model for--or a redux of--"fish and poi" done by ken emerson and robert armstrong on their album "escape to jazz island".

Wisconsin, USA
Post  Posted 29 Jan 2022 4:51 pm     Re: waikiki is good enough for me.

Kirk Francis wrote:
it may help you in your search to know that "waikiki is good enough for me" is either the original model for--or a redux of--"fish and poi" done by ken emerson and robert armstrong on their album "escape to jazz island".

Hey Kirk,

Thanks for your help. But, I think that you may have misunderstood what I am looking for. I am trying to track down copies of the two CD’s (which contain MP3’s) that were put out by Beer Records entitled “Waikiki Is Good Enough For Me” & "Rhythm of the Waves.” Since I can’t seem to find them anywhere, I was hoping that someone here may know how to get in contact with person who originally put them out.

All the best,

Ryan

PS: I have the Ken Emerson / Robert Armstrong CD. I actually have all of the CD’s that Grass Skirt has put out except for the Sam Ku West disc which I am also looking for.
David Venzke

SE Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 29 Jan 2022 5:35 pm    

Copyright infringement issues brought these projects to a close. You'll have to find someone who owns a copy ...

See: https://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=117528
Ryan Matzen

Wisconsin, USA
Post  Posted 29 Jan 2022 5:47 pm    

David Venzke wrote:
Copyright infringement issues brought these projects to a close. You'll have to find someone who owns a copy ...

See: https://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=117528

Thanks for the information. I hadn’t seen that thread.
Don Downes

New Hampshire, USA
Post  Posted 29 Jan 2022 6:51 pm    

Konichiwa!

This may or may not help. I found a video of "Waikiki Is Good Enough For Me" on 'Tube. The "pedal" player (sounds to me like lap steel) was credited to Kazuhiko Fukuda.

There are a bunch of vids that may be of interest. Or not. I'm posting a link here.

BTW: I think it's "Bear" records, not "Beer". I clicked on an old Elvis box set and put it in my cart, so it seems like they may be open for business. There was a boatload of very cool stuff, but I didn't spend a lot of time there. (It's the end of the month and I'm a little short on the coin of the realm.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLmY7aiCK50

I hope this helps! (I hear a little Les Paul in the intro. Must be the beer Laughing )

Wisconsin, USA
Post  Posted 29 Jan 2022 6:59 pm    

Don Downes wrote:
Konichiwa!

This may or may not help. I found a video of "Waikiki Is Good Enough For Me" on 'Tube. The "pedal" player (sounds to me like lap steel) was credited to Kazuhiko Fukuda.

There are a bunch of vids that may be of interest. Or not. I'm posting a link here.

BTW: I think it's "Bear" records, not "Beer". I clicked on an old Elvis box set and put it in my cart, so it seems like they may be open for business. There was a boatload of very cool stuff, but I didn't spend a lot of time there. (It's the end of the month and I'm a little short on the coin of the realm.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLmY7aiCK50

I hope this helps! (I hear a little Les Paul in the intro. Must be the beer Laughing )

Thanks for trying to help me out. But, I think you may have misunderstood what I am looking for.

I am trying to track down copies of the two CD’s (which contain MP3’s) that were put out by Beer Records entitled “Waikiki Is Good Enough For Me” & "Rhythm of the Waves.”

Looks like Beer Records ran into issues with copyrights and the CD’s are no longer available.

Thanks nonetheless,

Ryan
Don Downes

New Hampshire, USA
Post  Posted 29 Jan 2022 7:04 pm    

No troubles. Great tune though Very Happy

Wisconsin, USA
Post  Posted 29 Jan 2022 11:13 pm    

Does anyone know if Beer Records ever released the 3rd CD entitled “Hawaiian & Hawaiian Guitar Records 1891-1960?”
David Matzenik

Cairns, on the Coral Sea
Post  Posted 30 Jan 2022 12:31 pm    

It might be worth inquiring on the Facebook group Hawaiian Music from the Golden Age:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/goldenagehawaii

Several very knowledgeable record collectors their.

Wisconsin, USA
Post  Posted 30 Jan 2022 4:24 pm    

David Matzenik wrote:
It might be worth inquiring on the Facebook group Hawaiian Music from the Golden Age:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/goldenagehawaii

Several very knowledgeable record collectors their.

I’ve been pretty much boycotting Facebook for some time now. But, I may have to check that out.

Thanks,

Ryan
Ryan Matzen

Wisconsin, USA
Post  Posted 31 Jan 2022 8:09 pm    

Thanks to the forum member who contacted me and helped me procure these recordings! Also, thanks to everyone else who helped out! You are all very much appreciated! I will be missing in action for a while as I take some time to enjoy these tracks!

All the best,

Ryan