| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Carter D-10 help
Danny Harrell

Livingston, Louisiana, USA
Post  Posted 31 Dec 2021 5:53 am    

A close friend of mine has a D-10 Carter and the pedal knuckle ( that the rod attaches to) has broken off at the pedal. I’m not familiar with Carter guitars. Do these unscrew from the pedal or does the pedal need replacement? Does anyone have parts? I appreciate any help. This young man that owns the guitar is a very good and talented player learning pedal steel.

Thanks,
Danny
Paul Wade

mundelein,ill
Post  Posted 31 Dec 2021 7:44 am     carter d-10

try here
https://www.steelguitarcanada.com/

https://steelguitars.me/

https://www.steelguitarcanada.com/online-store/parts-for-pedal-steel-guitars/
p.w
Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 31 Dec 2021 8:11 am    

Is this it? The ball broken off the pedal? If so, yes, it does screw in. A good machine shop can probably get the broken one out.

It's steel in aluminum, so it maybe difficult. Sometimes, with proper care, if you find the exact center you can drill it out.

That way you can buy a new ball and sleeve connector and reinstall it.

I'd be happy to attempt the repair or perhaps buy the pedal as is if you should opt for a replacement pedal.
Danny Harrell

Livingston, Louisiana, USA
Post  Posted 31 Dec 2021 3:06 pm    

Thanks, I appreciate the help. Yes, that is the part that broke off, and I think it broke off close to the pedal. I will talk with him, he may opt to try and find a pedal with the knuckle already installed. If not, I can help him drill it and maybe extract it, we'll see. Maybe he can get the parts from Steel Guitars of Canada. Thanks again for your help guys.
Bobby D. Jones

West Virginia, USA
Post  Posted 1 Jan 2022 10:50 pm    

If the stud is broke off even with the pedal body.
Use a Dremel tool with a cut off wheel, Use a Cut Off blade worn down to about 5/8" diameter. Center up on the broken stud piece, Just cut a sharp edged slot deep as a screwdriver slot. Use a proper size screw driver to remove the broken part.

When replacing the the connector ball make sure the hex shoulder comes into contact with the pedal surface for lateral support.