| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Zum Pedal Rods
Daniel Yeaney

PA
Post  Posted 8 May 2023 6:46 am    

Hello all, if anyone could do me a favor-measure a pedal rod for a ZUM for me please. I bought a used Zum universal and all the pedal rods had been cut shorter than standard length for what I assume to better fit that player. If anyone would, remove the rod, remove the connector at the bottom and measure the length from the INSIDE of the upper hook to the end of the rod. I realize there is a slight angle at the top portion of the rod, but this will get me in the ballbark. Thank you all very much.
Daniel Yeaney

PA
Post  Posted 10 May 2023 4:38 pm    

Hello all, new rods arrived which I purposely ordered a half inch longer. After putting at 15 degree bend 2 inches from the hook to clear the front of the body, I removed an eighth inch at a time from the threaded end until the pedal sat exactly the same dimension from the floor as my Carter and it still has room under it from the floor with the pedal fully pressed. I made each rod then the exact same as the first and it works GREAT. So, I ordered 25.5 rods , there was one inch of 10/32 threads on them. In the end I removed .500 inch from the threaded end which put the coupler halfway onto the remaining threads, which looks just like the Carter rod. Mission accomplished Very Happy Very Happy