| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  George L's Undisclosed Shipping Costs
Michael Luxem

Northfield, Minnesota, USA
Post  Posted 17 Dec 2021 10:44 am    

Forum members may want to confirm shipping costs before ordering products from George L's company website. I recently bought 10 feet of .155 cable for $27.50. The order form clearly stated "Shipping 0.00" and (at the bottom line of the order) "Total 27.50" Shortly thereafter I received a notice from my VISA vendor reporting a charge of $36.80 for the order. So "Shipping 0.00" should have read "Shipping TBA" on my order. When I complained to Sandy at GL's about the undisclosed shipping cost of $9.30, she replied that "Shipping cost is not included in the price of the item". Kimberly Lewis at GL added "There is always someone like you in the crowd. Shipping cost is always added to all orders". It seems to this person in the crowd that a conscientious company would disclose all costs involved in an order.
Ron Funk

Ballwin, Missouri
Post  Posted 17 Dec 2021 12:11 pm    

Hi Michael

Some relevant info for maybe next time -

Forum member (and great guy) Bill Ferguson is a valuable and fair pricing source for all George L products, cables, plugs, strings, etc

He's my go-to guy.

Ron
K Maul

Hadley, NY/Hobe Sound, FL
Post  Posted 17 Dec 2021 2:04 pm    

There’s always SOME business like that in the crowd with clueless Customer Service people. Shipping charges should be clearly stated at checkout, even before you pull the final trigger on payment.
When there is a person at a company who makes a comment like that my business goes elsewhere.
KEVIN MAUL: Airline, Beard, Clinesmith, Donner, Evans, Excel, Fender, Fluger, Gibson, Hilton, Ibanez, Justice, K+K, Live Strings, MOYO, National, Oahu, Peterson, Quilter, Rickenbacher, Sho~Bud, Supro, TC, Ultimate, VHT, Williams, X-otic, Yamaha, ZKing.
Dick Wood

Springtown Texas, USA
Post  Posted 17 Dec 2021 3:19 pm    

I will second Bill Freguson. He's a great person, ships all my orders if not that day by the next day and they're here in a few days.

Milton, FL USA
Post  Posted 18 Dec 2021 7:26 am    

Micheal,
I would be happy to be your source for George L's, Goodrich and Telonics products.

You bought direct from manufacturer and yes, shipping cost are always added AND you paid list price as they cannot discount their products direct to consumer.

If I can ever be of service, just drop me an email or give me a call.

AUTHORIZED George L's, Goodrich, Telonics and Peavey Dealer: I have 2 steels and several amps. My current rig of choice is 1993 Emmons LeGrande w/ 108 pups (Jack Strayhorn built for me), Goodrich OMNI Volume Pedal, George L's cables, Goodrich Baby Bloomer and Peavey Nashville 112. Can't get much sweeter.
Bill Cunningham

Atlanta, Ga. USA
Post  Posted 19 Dec 2021 1:23 pm    

Charging high prices for direct retail sales is a pretty common tactic used by manufacturers to protect their distributors and/or dealers. You surely wouldn’t want to buy a 12V 7Ah or deep cycle battery from me!

Always look for a good dealer. In this case you can’t beat my brother Bill F!

It does seem a little strange that they wouldn’t let you know the shipping cost before you check out, though.
Michael Luxem

Post  Posted 20 Dec 2021 8:56 am    

Ron, Dick, and Bill: Thank you for your endorsement of Bill Ferguson as a supplier of George L's products. I sent a note to Bill over the weekend and received a courteous and friendly reply from him first thing Monday morning that included a price list. AND clear information about fees for shipping and credit car/Paypal payment options. Given Bill's quick and informative response, together with his reasonable prices, I did what most any prospective buyer would do: I doubled my order. Bill had the order packaged and ready for his USPS carrier before I could even finish my second cup of coffee. I strongly recommend forum members do business with Bill. He carries George L's products and a stable of other high-quality PS gear. Bill can be reached by e-mail at bferguson1947@gmail.com.
Michael Luxem

Post  Posted 20 Dec 2021 9:02 am    

PS: I trust and appreciate my forum buddies.