| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Sierra Artist for Sale - SOLD, Forum Donation Coming
Flip Brown

Vermont, USA
Post  Posted 3 Nov 2021 4:31 pm    

I've progressed from a Harlin Mult-Kord back in the 70's to a Carter Starter, and then on to a Sierra Artist, purchased three years ago. Now my technique (such as it is) is ready for the next level in quality pedal steels. I've purchased an MSA Millennium (#22) so it's time for this Artist to find a new artist.

I am the second owner of this PS. It was purchased as a present in 2001 by a wife in Louisiana for her husband who apparently played local clubs and had a few records. He never learned to play it and it sat in the closet until I bought it around this time of year in 2018 (a true "closet classic").

I obtained and installed the right knee lever kit (thanks, Jim Palenscar) and the instrument has served me well. The only issue is that I've never figured out how to get enough travel on the RKR for the second string to get it past the D to the C#, but maybe you can.

Other than a few scratches on the pedal bar (because I had to learn that it only goes in the case one way and not the other) there are no dings, corrosion, or dysfunction. The flight case is in perfect condition, with no cracks or compromised wheels. I will also include a Sharp Cover Nashville custom cover, and of course the leg bag. I'll post pictures shortly.

As many of you know this is a very light weight, extruded aluminum body with a quality George L pickup and a stellar reputation for its class.

I will pack it in a custom box with closed cell foam protectors on all eight corners.

I have $1,625 in it, but I'd like to keep it affordable so it can go to a good home. The SGF price is $1,300 and I'll take the $32.50 donation to the Forum out of this amount. Shipping is actual cost from Burlington, Vermont. Hope you enjoy this as much as I did!
MSA Millennium SD-10 #22, Fender Steel King with Eminence EPS-15C speaker, Lehle Mono 90 Volume Pedal, Sarno Black Box, Baby Bloomer, Sarno Earth Drive, EHX Mel 9, EHX Small Stone, Mooer Chorus, Keeley Caverns, Clinesmith bar, Acri picks, Nioma lap steel, Regal resonator, and a whole bunch of other instruments.

Last edited by Flip Brown on 4 Nov 2021 6:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Nicholas Scott

Norfolk, VA USA
Post  Posted 3 Nov 2021 4:46 pm    

PM Sent!

West Virginia, USA
Post  Posted 3 Nov 2021 5:01 pm    

PM sent!