| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Lap steel 10 string model Paul Franklin used 1992
Francesco Porcu

Italy
Post  Posted 1 Nov 2021 1:56 pm    

Hi Guys, I ask you for information if any of you maybe already knows some information that maybe Paul has released years back about this instrument you see in the video, I wanted to ask this acoustic lap steel that Paul uses in this song is nothing more than a C6 neck transported on an acoustic Lap steel? Obviously that his father will have built, I ask for this info because I wanted to buy one perhaps built by some good luthier. What pick up does it use to get that particular sound? is magnificent . I hope that Paul himself can read this post and maybe leave a comment. I thank you all as always for your availability and kindness. Greetings from Italy Francesco

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnc4M6QIEjY Smile
Murray McDowall

Warrnambool, Victoria, Australia
Post  Posted 1 Nov 2021 3:07 pm    

Hi Francesco,
I am pretty sure what you speak of is Paul’s PEDABRO.
Yes, built by his father, and has a very unique sound. It’s virtually a pedal Dobro.
All the best, with your search for one,
Murray.
Telonics TCA-500C & FP-100D pedal.
Steelers Choice Sidekick & Backrest.
Steelers Choice Seat.
Richard Sinkler

aka: Rusty Strings -- Missoula, Montana
Post  Posted 1 Nov 2021 3:16 pm    

The one he is playing in the video is not a Pedabro. I believe it is called "the Box. It has no resonator.
Carter D10 8p/8k, Dekley S10 3p/4k C6 setup,Regal RD40 Dobro, Recording King Professional Dobro, NV400, NV112,Ibanez Gio guitar, Epiphone SG Special (open D slide guitar) . Playing for 54 years and still counting.
Francesco Porcu

Italy
Post  Posted 1 Nov 2021 3:28 pm     Lap steel acustica 10 string

Murray McDowall wrote:
Hi Francesco,
I am pretty sure what you speak of is Paul’s PEDABRO.
Yes, built by his father, and has a very unique sound. It’s virtually a pedal Dobro.
All the best, with your search for one,
Murray.

Hi Marras It's not a pedabro, it's a 10-string wooden box with a magnetic pick up, I wanted to know if it was tuned in C6 and if obviously you used the C6 string scale as a nice neck of a pedal steel guitar, on that tour. Paul usabuma SD10, a pedabro, and that 10-string wooden box. Smile
Francesco Porcu

Italy
Post  Posted 2 Nov 2021 3:14 am     Lap steel 10 string model Paul Franklin used 1992

Richard Sinkler wrote:
The one he is playing in the video is not a Pedabro. I believe it is called "the Box. It has no resonator.

Hi Richard, thank you for your reply, I posted this informative announcement because I was asking for information if this lap steel box Paul uses was tuned in C6 and if the string scale is the same as that of a C6 pedal steel guitar neck tuned to the same way, because I would like to have a box like that built. Thank you very much for your intervention. Francesco Smile