| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  â˜†â˜† Emmons Guitar Co. Mock-Up and Testing Update ☆☆
Darin Shiflett

Sevierville, Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 2 Oct 2021 4:49 pm    

For behind the scenes photos and an update on what we have been doing over at Emmons Guitar, Co., click here: https://www.facebook.com/EmmonsGuitarCo/posts/147183967629018

Thank you for all your support and encouragement!!

Kelcey and I have been working hard and will continue to do so!!

Head over to www.emmonsguitar.co and be sure to sign up for our newsletter and follow us on our social channels to stay up to speed on updates and news!!
Jack Stanton

Somewhere in the swamps of Jersey
Post  Posted 3 Oct 2021 7:23 am    

Darin,
Will yo be putting the aluminum trim strips on the finished model?
Jack
Andy Vance

Graham, Washington, USA
Post  Posted 3 Oct 2021 8:44 am    

Oh man! That video that Mike Bourque took of Johnny Cox says it all. What a great sounding guitar!
Carl Williams

Oklahoma
Post  Posted 3 Oct 2021 9:37 am    

Hey Andy,
Where,’s the video of Johnny playing posted…Thanks, Carl
scott murray

Asheville, NC
Post  Posted 3 Oct 2021 10:25 am    

https://youtu.be/aNMwD9tAMgE

Oklahoma
Post  Posted 3 Oct 2021 10:54 am    

Appreciate that Scott….Johnny sounding great as always! He seems to be having a ball with that new Emmons…👍
John Larson

Pennsyltucky, USA
Post  Posted 3 Oct 2021 12:09 pm    

Any plans for an S-10?
Rejoice in the Lord, O ye righteous; praise is meet for the upright. Give praise to the Lord with the harp, chant unto Him with the ten-stringed psaltery. Sing unto Him a new song, chant well unto Him with jubilation. For the word of the Lord is true, and all His works are in faithfulness. The Lord loveth mercy and judgement; the earth is full of the mercy of the Lord.
- Psalm 33:1-5
George Seymour

Notown, Vermont, USA
Post  Posted 3 Oct 2021 2:43 pm     Re: ☆☆ Emmons Guitar Co. Mock-Up and Testing...

Darin Shiflett wrote:
For behind the scenes photos and an update on what we have been doing over at Emmons Guitar, Co., click here: https://www.facebook.com/EmmonsGuitarCo/posts/147183967629018

Thank you for all your support and encouragement!!

Kelcey and I have been working hard and will continue to do so!!

Head over to www.emmonsguitar.co and be sure to sign up for our newsletter and follow us on our social channels to stay up to speed on updates and news!!

When can I actually buy one?
Johnny Cox

Williamsom WVA, raised in Nashville TN, Lives in Hallettsville Texas
Post  Posted 3 Oct 2021 8:29 pm    

Carl Williams wrote:
Hey Andy,
Where,’s the video of Johnny playing posted…Thanks, Carl

Here ya go
https://youtu.be/aNMwD9tAMgE
Carl Williams

Oklahoma
Post  Posted 4 Oct 2021 1:59 am    

Thanks Johnny…great job as always on that new Emmons…Appreciate it…Carl
Johnie King

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 4 Oct 2021 6:53 am    

Congratulations too the Owners of the New Emmons steel guitar company an all the steel players who got too attend this Emmons 1965 wrap around event in San Antonio
Steel Guitar History reborn.

San Antonio the 1965 Wrap Around Emmons Capital of the world .
Darin Shiflett

Post  Posted 4 Oct 2021 9:18 pm    

Jack Stanton wrote:
Darin,
Will yo be putting the aluminum trim strips on the finished model?
Jack

Yes, the ReSound'65 mock-up (Serial# MU01) didn't get trim as planned due to a complication at the last minute, and we didn't have time to resolve it before we tested in Nashville. It didn't compromise the tone, fitment and geometry so we just decided to leave it off. We nick-named it "Dark Horse" Wink

The ReSound'65 will come standard with polished trim just like the original 1965...unless people ask for it without. Some have already said they kinda like it without trim and might get theirs just like Dark Horse. Who knew...lol
Darin Shiflett

Post  Posted 4 Oct 2021 9:31 pm    

John Larson wrote:
Any plans for an S-10?

Great question!

We'll be formally releasing information regarding S10s, SD10s, D10s, pricing, availability and delivery projections soon.

The best way to stay informed is by signing up to our newsletter at www.emmonsguitar.co.
We also mirror those newsletter updates on our social channels, so be sure to follow us there.
Tony Glassman

The Great Northwest
Post  Posted 4 Oct 2021 11:13 pm    

The guitar sounded beautiful on the Johnny Cox demo.

Could you post some undercarriage pix……particularly showing how the splits (3rd row of changer holes) function?
Liam Sullins

Brookville, Ohio
Post  Posted 5 Oct 2021 4:13 am    

Darin, how about the kind of mica on the guitar? Will it be glossy like the original or like the new one shown here? Thanks!

Post  Posted 5 Oct 2021 5:34 am    

Tony Glassman wrote:
The guitar sounded beautiful on the Johnny Cox demo.

Could you post some undercarriage pix……particularly showing how the splits (3rd row of changer holes) function?

We are actually working on a demonstration of that feature and will post it once we're done editing. This will help educate that feature and add even more value to the ReSound'65. We are super excited about it and I've had a ball playing it so far! Kelcey and I are stoked at how far this will go because most people are not very familiar with splits and their full potential, but when it "clicks" in your mind, you start to imagine new arrangements and moves/combos that you've never seen or heard before! Super cool stuff!!
Darin Shiflett

Post  Posted 5 Oct 2021 5:43 am    

Liam Sullins wrote:
Darin, how about the kind of mica on the guitar? Will it be glossy like the original or like the new one shown here? Thanks!

Thanks for asking about that. We are working closely with Formica (and others) on this product and will have all the finish options available once development is complete. This type of thing is what takes a lot of time to fully investigate, resolve, and test) before we start full blown production. Sourcing hundreds of parts and getting the original 1965 elements that Buddy designed into this instrument was a huge challenge and the mica was a big part of it. We are working on that glossy finish as well as some other cool options so stay tuned Smile
Ricky Davis

Bertram, Texas USA
Post  Posted 5 Oct 2021 9:04 am    

Johnny Cox sounds completely awesome on any and every steel guitar he plays> PERIOD!!
And so great to hear two wonderful country singers in Bobby Flores(and Fiddle) and Justin Trevino(and Bass).
Ricky
scott murray

Asheville, NC
Post  Posted 6 Oct 2021 5:18 pm    

this is all so exciting!

I'm wondering what the max amount of pedals and knees will be on these gorgeous guitars? I absolutely can't wait to sit behind this supersonic time machine Cool

congratulations and big thanks to Kelcey and Darin on this most worthy endeavor!

Post  Posted 6 Oct 2021 7:10 pm    

scott murray wrote:
this is all so exciting!

I'm wondering what the max amount of pedals and knees will be on these gorgeous guitars? I absolutely can't wait to sit behind this supersonic time machine Cool

congratulations and big thanks to Kelcey and Darin on this most worthy endeavor!

Scott, we appreciate the support buddy! We are excited too. This is a blast as we enjoy this instrument so much!
The rack will accommodate 9 pedals for those who want that many and as for knee levers, well that depends on how many people really want. It can get pretty tight under there, but where there's a will, there's a way Wink
Herb Steiner

Spicewood TX 78669
Post  Posted 6 Oct 2021 7:13 pm    

Johnie King wrote:

San Antonio the 1965 Wrap Around Emmons Capital of the world .

Johnie, I believe there are actually more wraparounds in the Austin area than in San Antonio. I count 7 in the greater Austin area and 3 in a similar radius around San Antonio. I know of 4 in the extended Dallas/Ft. Worth metroplex.

It was a hell of a gathering, though. Fifteen 1964-65 Emmonses in one room. One attendee allowed as how there have never been that many assembled in one place ever, including the Emmons showroom back in the day.

Son, we live in a world with walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with steel guitars. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinberg?
scott murray

Asheville, NC
Post  Posted 13 Oct 2021 2:06 pm    

I had the great fortune of spending last evening in Kelcey's workshop and finally getting to meet Kelcey and Darin in person. yes I also got to play the prototype wraparound and it's beyond words.

what I will try and put into words is just how impressed and pleased I am to find the beloved Emmons brand in the hands of these two fine gentlemen. the amount of passion, time, dedication, planning and research these fellows have put into this endeavor is truly amazing and inspiring.

Kelcey's mechanical brilliance and intimate knowledge of the push-pull design and history is staggering. Darin's skill at design and production, not to mention his grand vision for the Emmons brand and pedal steel in general, is also a marvel to behold... and their excitement is contagious!

I just had to bear witness to the remarkable job these two are doing against all the odds. I couldn't feel better about the future of Emmons Guitar Company and it's all because of Kelcey and Darin. I want to wish them the very best and encourage anyone who might be on the fence to do the same. congratulations to my new friends and best wishes on a very bright future!

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 14 Oct 2021 2:20 am    

If you are planning to use the "ReSound" name, there is an international hearing aid company with that brand name.
Kelcey ONeil

Sevierville, TN
Post  Posted 14 Oct 2021 2:33 pm    

scott murray wrote:
I had the great fortune of spending last evening in Kelcey's workshop and finally getting to meet Kelcey and Darin in person. yes I also got to play the prototype wraparound and it's beyond words.

what I will try and put into words is just how impressed and pleased I am to find the beloved Emmons brand in the hands of these two fine gentlemen. the amount of passion, time, dedication, planning and research these fellows have put into this endeavor is truly amazing and inspiring.

Kelcey's mechanical brilliance and intimate knowledge of the push-pull design and history is staggering. Darin's skill at design and production, not to mention his grand vision for the Emmons brand and pedal steel in general, is also a marvel to behold... and their excitement is contagious!

I just had to bear witness to the remarkable job these two are doing against all the odds. I couldn't feel better about the future of Emmons Guitar Company and it's all because of Kelcey and Darin. I want to wish them the very best and encourage anyone who might be on the fence to do the same. congratulations to my new friends and best wishes on a very bright future!

Scott,

It was great meeting you as well! I had a blast listening your playing and commentary, and was very excited to check out your new Excel! Thanks so much for stopping by!