| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Malwarebytes Confusion
Jon Light

Saugerties, NY
Post  Posted 7 Jun 2021 5:46 am    

I've had a premium subscription on my Win10 desktop rig, full year, prepaid, for several years.

I've got a new laptop, Win10. I went for a Malwarebytes free trial on it. It has expired.
On the laptop, Malwarebytes is offering me a 5 device subscription for a bit less $$ than if I added a single device to my existing desktop subscription.

What happens if I subscribe to this offer? I would use the same email and password. Would there be an automatic $$ adjustment or will I have to deal with having two separate subscriptions and having to try to cancel something?
Wiz Feinberg

Mid-Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 7 Jun 2021 7:15 am    

I think you should use the online chat, or contact form to ask them for clarification. I think it will add to your existing subscription, but that's just an opinion. Get the facts from the horse's mouth. Then let us know what they said.
Main web pages: Wiztunes Steel Guitar website | Wiz's Security Blog | My Webmaster Services | Wiz's Security Blog
Jon Light

Saugerties, NY
Post  Posted 7 Jun 2021 8:04 am    

Thanks. Did the chat. Dude confirmed that it was a really good offer (that he was unaware of). I gave him a screenshot, asked him to confirm that I was not being phished.

My understanding was that if I just took the offer, there would not be an automatic adjustment. I would have to cancel the original and request a refund.

He was very helpful in offering to send me an job ticket-email. I would then go ahead and take the new subscription offer, register both computers, and then when I am satisfied that I've got everything up & running right -- couple of hours, couple of days -- I can start the cancellation/refund procedure via that email.
Wiz Feinberg

Mid-Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 7 Jun 2021 8:16 am    

Thanks for posting the details Jon.
Main web pages: Wiztunes Steel Guitar website | Wiz's Security Blog | My Webmaster Services | Wiz's Security Blog