| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  1960 Sho Bud Permanent. 9x2 SOLD
Stephen Karney

Nashville, TN
Post  Posted 21 Dec 2020 2:07 pm    

1960 Sho Bud Permanent for sale. Updated undercarriage, with very nice parts that I assume came from James Morehead, since I bought this guitar from his daughter.

Original post:

https://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=347480&highlight=sho+bud+permanent

I have played it very little and decided it should go to someone who might play it more, as I spend most of my time using my Kline and Pro 2 these days.

Guitar has that killer tone you'd expect from a Perm. Pedal action is very smooth. A little more throw than your modern guitar, but you can really milk the notes out on it.

9 pedals, 2 knees.
Standard Emmons on E9 with the LKL raising Es and LKR lowering Es
C6 neck is not complete and needs rods. I also removed the 9th pedal crossbar underneath in order to put in a new neck selector switch. That crossbar will need slight modification to fit back in, as it just barely touches the switch. I have all the parts still.

Both pickups work great and I used the C6 neck to play straight steel. Sounds fantastic! Has some dings and nicks you'd expect from a 60 year old guitar, but overall the finish is in great shape. The wood grain is stunning, its tough to even capture in photos.

I'll link the old post I bought it from, as well as some pictures from this summer when I last had it setup.

Nice new leg bag. Case is pretty beat, but functional and has some cool old stickers from Nashville on it.

Price is firm, I would really prefer a local sale. Im willing to drive a considerable distance to meet someone if it avoids shipping it.

PM or email if you're interested.

Last edited by Stephen Karney on 24 Dec 2020 2:32 am; edited 2 times in total
K Maul

Hadley, NY/Hobe Sound, FL
Post  Posted 21 Dec 2020 2:53 pm    

PM sent
KEVIN MAUL: Airline, Beard, Clinesmith, Donner, Evans, Excel, Fender, Fluger, Gibson, Hilton, Ibanez, Justice, K+K, Live Strings, MOYO, National, Oahu, Peterson, Quilter, Rickenbacher, Sho~Bud, Supro, TC, Ultimate, VHT, Williams, X-otic, Yamaha, ZKing.
Stephen Karney

Nashville, TN
Post  Posted 22 Dec 2020 8:29 am    

SOLD.

Last edited by Stephen Karney on 24 Dec 2020 2:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Rick Abbott

Indiana, USA
Post  Posted 22 Dec 2020 9:38 am    

Oh, thank goodness! Before K Mail posted I was working up a convoluted plan to buy this. Man, what a beautiful guitar.
Sho~Bud D-10 Professional #7962
Remington T-8, Sehy #112
1975 Peavey Pacer