| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Screw kits for a Sierra Sessions Universal 12
Johnny Baker

Southport, Fla
Post  Posted 24 Oct 2020 7:31 pm    

If memory servers me correctly, someone used to sell replacement screws/screw kits for the plastic coated wing nut screws that Sierra chose to put on a lot of their stuff. I have a couple of broken plastic pieces on mine and am interested in seeing if anyone remembers what I am talking about and possibly getting replacement screws for mine. I am also looking to find someone who can work on this beast as performed a complete change out of all strings and now I have a popping noise coming from the changer when I press on pedal #3. In all fairness, I have been talking to Jack Goodson about this but it's just so hard for me to take off work and get it to him, as busy as we both are, especially me. Since Hurricane Michael came through here and devastated our area, it's been a non-stop adventure, nearly every day. Is there anyone close to the Panama City, Fl area that does good work, and can work on this? I would appreciate any information you can provide. Just to be very clear about this, this is not a slam on Jack, by any means, I am just looking for someone, who is much close to me, than he is. Thanks for your time and trouble.

Lakeland, Florida , USA
Post  Posted 28 Oct 2020 1:22 pm     parts

The bolt part is easy to replace from any ACE hardware. I purchased some a while back. I also purchased a few of the black plastic wings from a plastic company in Arkansas, but that was about 20 years ago. I will look through my info and post it if I can find, otherwise a search for a plastics company may lead you to the plastic wing.
To put together, I just put the Allen head bolt in a vise and pressed the wing onto it.
Wish I had a couple left over for you.
jerico47@gmail.com

Last edited by Jerry Knapper on 28 Oct 2020 1:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jerry Knapper

Lakeland, Florida , USA
Post  Posted 28 Oct 2020 1:42 pm     parts

Here are a couple of pictures. I have a few extra of the larger plastic wings with bolt and could send two of them. I only have two of the normal size ones from the ones I ordered but want to hang on to them in case I might break one on my Sierra U12 Session.
The larger ones have the same size bolt in them.
Let me know if I can help any farther. As stated earlier, I will look in my computer and see if I can find where I bought the smaller size ones.
jerico47@gmail.com
I would say $5 each for the larger ones.