| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Guitar Vintners
Rick DeTroye

Oregon, USA
Post  Posted 24 Sep 2020 9:30 pm    

Wondering if anyone has done business with Guitar Vintners? I've been in contact via email with them regarding a lap steel and they seem legit, but an endorsement from someone here would be much more reassuring! Thanks.

Edited to add the website address.
Bob Womack

Virginia, USA
Post  Posted 25 Sep 2020 6:29 am    

I ran their address in Google Maps and it brought up the recreation building in a trailer park in Florida. The building sits on the bank of a small river. When you look from the front of the building towards the river you can see the dock and stachion or piling that their guitars are photographed leaning on.

I tried to email them and it came back address unknown. That's all I know.

Bob

THE MUSICIAN'S ROOM (My Little Website)
Charles Stange

San Francisco, California
Post  Posted 25 Sep 2020 6:58 am    

THis is not an endorsement, but I once spoke with them by pnone...although,it was over a year ago...try calling?

British Columbia, Canada
Post  Posted 25 Sep 2020 10:13 am    

I've had an eye on this site for a while and it really is an interesting bunch of instruments, and reasonably priced. It's almost like he's selling off his or someone else's collection - who has six 1930s Epiphones and two English Tonemaster amps? Anyway there's this on the front page of the site:

"We generally keep in close touch, but ask for understanding and patience for those rare times internet is not available."

And also:

"Due to the Covid 19 Pandemic we've been stuck in Central America since March when travel restrictions were instituted and borders closed. After 7 attempts to get back were scuttled, I now hope to utilize lessons learned and be back to the States around 17 July."

Possibly things are in an uproar, maybe he hasn't even returned home yet. Phone call seems like the best idea. Good luck!
Rick DeTroye

Oregon, USA
Post  Posted 25 Sep 2020 7:53 pm    

Thanks for the responses, everyone. Okay, just to clarify, I have been in touch with them via email. They were out of the country and stuck in Central America due to Covid-19. While there, they had limited access to internet and phone. Jon King, the owner, was finally able to return to Florida, but fled there due to the pandemic. Per his description, 3 of his neighbors died, 22 were hospitalized and the situation didn't seem to be improving. So he headed to Idaho, which is where he is now. Evidently, he's trying to move his operation there and is very slowly having his stock sent from Florida. I just wanted to know if anyone had done business with them and, if so, what their experience was. As Mike said, they do have an interesting selection and reasonable prices.
Kirk Francis

Laupahoehoe
Post  Posted 26 Sep 2020 7:51 am     guitar "vintners"

given that the meaning of "vintner" is someone who makes or sells wine, and that this outfit chose that word as part of their business name, i would be leery.

San Francisco, California
Post  Posted 26 Sep 2020 8:30 am    

they also have a shop on 'Reverb' (on vacation) with some feedback.

Idaho, USA
Post  Posted 26 Sep 2020 12:00 pm     Re: guitar

Kirk Francis wrote:
given that the meaning of "vintner" is someone who makes or sells wine, and that this outfit chose that word as part of their business name, i would be leery.

Guitar Vintners is probably a better choice in marketing, than, say, Trailer Park Guitars.😎

California, USA
Post  Posted 26 Sep 2020 4:24 pm     Re: guitar

Brooks Montgomery wrote:
Kirk Francis wrote:

Guitar Vintners is probably a better choice in marketing, than, say, Trailer Park Guitars.😎

Too funny Laughing