| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Telonics alfresco
Ian Rae

Redditch, England
Post  Posted 21 Sep 2020 2:27 pm    

Saturday night we played an open-air gig for a socially-distanced audience of just over 100, coralled in groups of six according to the present regulations.

It's the first time I've used my Telonics rig (mini-rack and 15" cabs) out of doors, and although I was confident it would be powerful enough, I was amazed at how effortless it sounded. It was a charity event with many acts so no time for sound checks and only the vocals went to the PA, but I could dominate where necessary without turning the master volume beyond 7

I don't know when we'll gig again - the outdoor season is over and there's no prospect of performing indoors for the foreseeable future. We can continue to rehearse because at the moment we are permitted to visit in numbers up to six (there are five of us) but even that is under threat.

But I love my gear! Smile
Larry Dering

Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 21 Sep 2020 3:05 pm    

Sounds like a winning combination. High quality gear that delivers what is needed.
Tony Edwards

Six Mile, South Carolina
Post  Posted 21 Sep 2020 4:34 pm     Telonics

I have tried several brands of amplifiers that were made for steel guitar, but my Telonics 500-B Combo amp tops them all off. It has a tone like no other amp. Plenty of power and tone to the bone! Even makes ME sound good!
ZumSteel SD10; CLR Custom SD10; Telonics 500-B w/ TT 15; Quilter Steelaire; Hilton Low Profile VP; Telonics X-10 Pup; Frenchy's Steel Mill Strings; George L's Cables; BJS Tone Bars; Hoffmeyer and Landis Picks. This combination produces a Heavenly tone! Psalm 33:2 "Praise the Lord with...an instrument of ten strings."
Paddy Long

Christchurch, New Zealand
Post  Posted 21 Sep 2020 8:33 pm    

I have the best of both worlds, a Telonics Rack rig and a TCA500 combo amp ...regardless of the venue, indoor or outdoor, this gear never fails to bring a smile to my face - and it delivers !! Just love it....and Dave Beaty and his team are about the best in customer service you will ever experience.
Telonics, Peterson, Steelers Choice, Benado, Lexicon, Red Dirt Cases.
Murray McDowall

Warrnambool, Victoria, Australia
Post  Posted 21 Sep 2020 10:01 pm     Telonics

I just love my TELONICS gear. The last gig I played using my TCA 500C Mini 12 was on Feb 29th. The gig was outdoors and it was amazing how it performed.
Plenty of power and super clean. Telonics gear, is brilliant, and Dave and his crew are brilliant also.
I cannot wait to play a gig again! Maybe next year??
Telonics TCA-500C & FP-100D pedal.
Steelers Choice Sidekick & Backrest.
Steelers Choice Seat.
Steve Spitz

New Orleans, LA, USA
Post  Posted 22 Sep 2020 6:00 am    

I can’t imagine a gig where my Telonics wasn’t loud enough. It’s clear and clean , really cuts through. Headroom for days.

I always get compliments on the tone, and sound guys love the direct out, when needed. It records well too.
Duane Dunard

Troy, MO. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 29 Sep 2020 3:48 pm    

I have owned several models of the Telonics amplifiers since they hit the market. The 12” 500C mini combo is my absolute favorite. I confess that I like to play strong volume levels when the venue calls for it, and that little amp comes alive when cranked up. Love it!
Ron Shalita

California, USA
Post  Posted 3 Oct 2020 3:09 pm    

Telonics makes great equipment for sure... if I ever buy another amp it will Telonics ... reason is what everyone said, PLUS they have a headphone jack AND an aux in for placing music ... something the OTHER boutique builders have neglected ....

Suffolk, England
Post  Posted 5 Oct 2020 11:40 am    

Many thanks for posting - So pleased to hear your Telonics Mini-Rack rig is delivering all you need it to do.

All the best
Mark
Richard Alderson

Illinois, USA
Post  Posted 1 Jan 2021 2:56 pm    

I have some experience to share for anyone considering the purchase of Telonics equipment in the near future. Is this a wise investment? Is there any sound gear worth as much as some instruments cost? I recently joined the honorable Telonics Club, purchasing a TCA-500 combo amp that was for sale on the forum a few months ago; Being a non-audiophile,coming from an acoustic rather than an electric back ground and only a mid level player, I am just not a big amp guy. I have the basics, like a Peavey 112 to practice at home, and a Nashville 400 to play out with.

So I sat down with my new amp and plugged it in. I was immediately blown away by the TCA-500 combo amp. Like within five seconds of turning it on and playing a few bars. In my humble previous experience, I never got to hear anything even close to this type of quality sound. Its night and day better than anything I've heard before. The string separation, the subtle tones, the clean beautiful highs. OMG !!So this is what the Good Stuff sounds like!

Not only that but the TCA 500 model comes with a bunch of "toys" or gadgets built in, designed for steel players; Dobro sound? Just press the button ! Like having a 10 string dobro with ABC pedals. Need more volume on your backing tracks? Here, just plug into the auxiliary port for that 15 inch 500 watt speaker on your amp. Need a clean track for recording? Just use direct line out. Can't hear your steel while setting up to play at some loud obnoxious bar? Just plug in headphones, there's a jack for that with its own volume control.

Somebody wake me up ! I'm dreamin' here. This gear is just too good to be true.