| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Marlen! I had no idea!
Andrew Goulet

Post  Posted 28 Jul 2020 7:08 pm    

I recently bought an S12 Marlen from K. Maul (which was an amazingly synchronous deal, by the way! Fantastic fellow) And I have to say, the tone on this guitar is outstanding. It's rich and clear, and the high strings are transparent and smooth as glass. Coming from a decade of only playing Fender (which I love dearly), this is a huge and welcome change. In addition to that, the guitar seems incredibly rock solid in the tuning K set up. The pull release tuning ritual is definitely an adjustment, but it all makes sense to me. I'm just so excited about this guitar. With the extended E9, I can actually use it in place of an acoustic guitar for my solo children's music gigs. Such a bonus! I can consolidate my musical energy into the instrument I truly love and introduce kids to the instrument as well.
Tucker Jackson

Portland, Oregon, USA
Post  Posted 28 Jul 2020 7:33 pm     Re: Marlen! I had no idea!

Welcome to the Marlen fold, Andrew.

Andrew Goulet wrote:
I can consolidate my musical energy into the instrument I truly love and introduce kids to the instrument as well.

Those children are going to be every bit as confused by a steel guitar as the people at my hipster gigs. You'll spend all your time giving tours. There are worse things...
Brett Lanier

Madison, TN
Post  Posted 28 Jul 2020 8:41 pm    

That's awesome. I started on a Fender too, but then had a bunch of more modern steels. When I got my Marlen, it felt like I got back a little of that guitar-like tone that the Fender had.