| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Getting back my old Melbert Lap Steel
Morgan Scoggins

Georgia, USA
Post  Posted 21 May 2020 9:15 am    

I have been playing a six string Fender since I returned to playing steel again last year around this time. I had some problems with it at first but got used to it and still have it.
I recently got and Email from SGF member Joshua Clements.
I had sold him my Melbert 7 string lap steel several years ago. Joshua made me a great offer to buy back the Melbert and I grabbed it up. It came last week and I felt like I had found an old friend. It looked like new and had a wonderful deep grain pattern in the red oak body. I have been playing it for days without ceasing. I use A6 tuning so I am happy to have that low A string for some additional harmony.
Joshua still has an 8 string Remington that I sold to him many years ago when I switched to pedal steel for a while. He is still playing but did not need the 7 string anymore.
I just want to thank him for letting me get it back and at a really good low price!
I had to quit playing five years ago due to my problems with Neuropathy. I have since recovered somewhat and am now playing again better than before. I have relearned almost all of the songs from the Herb Remington learning materials that I still have. I am now coming up with some of my own versions of my favorite country, gospel, and Western Swing songs.
I sure am glad I got back my Melbert!!