| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Newby.....to the Forum & Pedal Steel
Richard D. Brown

South Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 9 May 2020 8:52 am    

Previously posted under Pedal Steel, but learned this to possibly be the more appropriate Forum location.
I am on a search for a specific pedal steel instrument. I have been around pedal steel most of my life, played guitar with some very good steel players and tip my humble hat to everyone that can play one of those mechanical wonders. That said, I dabble with lap steel (6 & 8) and love the 6th tunings. I have made an attempt & don't care to again chase the E9 or U12. I am only interested in locating an S10 specifically built for C6. (I have a nostalgic attraction to the Sho Bud Pro 1 and have seen just one picture of such a guitar.) I know there are other makers with lots of mechanics. For me, right now, I believe less will be better. Is there hope of ever finding a somewhat simplified C6 guitar?
DB
Fred Treece

California, USA
Post  Posted 10 May 2020 8:33 am    

I suggest changing your subject line to reflect what you are looking for, an S10/C6, and see what comes up. I have been on the forum for about 4 years and don’t remember ever seeing one, so you might be waiting a long time for one to show up. But, as was mentioned in the other topic section, most modern pedal steels can be transformed to just about any reasonable configuration. A standard C6 copedent should be a pretty straight forward setup job for somebody who knows what they’re doing. Many of the regular sellers in the For Sale section are either expert psg mechanics themselves or know a good one who regularly does their work. Many players do their own work too, so if you were to find an S10 E9 for sale, just ask if the seller will do a setup for you.

PS- Welcome to the Forum and to Pedal Steel World 🤠
Richard D. Brown

South Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 10 May 2020 12:23 pm     Newby.....to the Forum & Pedal Steel

Thanks Fred..... I have also considered an old Fender 400, 500 etc...just for the fun of having pedals. My 8 string SuperSlide is a blast to play, but there are times I wish I had a pedal or two and maybe 10 strings.
Luke Sullivan

El Paso de Robles, CA, USA
Post  Posted 10 May 2020 4:47 pm     Mullen RP 5&5 C6.

Richard, I sent an email about available Mullen RP 5&5 C6 Blue Burl. Also a ShoBud 6140 6&2 C6.Contact me if interested. Thanks, Luke S.