| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Fry Pan Type...New and other Steel Guitars
Thomas Engleman

Pennsylvania, USA
Post  Posted 26 Apr 2020 3:26 pm    

Thought you might like to see these photos. I bought this Fry Pan a little over a year ago....very lightly used. It was a left-handed model when I bought it...and I converted it to right hand. It is strung for the C6th tuning. The original pickup was removed, but I kept it and a George L Pedal Steel Guitar Pickup was installed to replace the original. I also made a Nut Riser out of 316 stainless steel, to use when I converted it from left to right hand, but didn't use it. It came in a well-padded Rifle Case versus a typical guitar case, and I am not sure where I would get a fitted case for this unusually shaped instrument. It was made by Wayne at Innovative Guitars...which you can Google.
Recently I semi restored my old 1950's Fender D8 Stringmaster Steel Guitar...which I had made and added two floor pedals for it in 1958...when I was in trade school and playing with a local Country Band named the Country Cousins. Since I got this old Stringmaster playable again I have an E9th tuning on the pedal neck and a C6th tuning on the rear neck.
Because I have the Stringmaster "road ready" again I'm thinking about selling the Fry Pan.
On the one photo you'll see the Fender Stringmaster, the Fry Pan and also a Carter Starter pedal steel. I also have a 1970's Emmons, push pull, S10 Pedal Steel Guitar...low end model I think? It has 3 on the floor and 1 knee lever. I am thinking about adding a second knee lever.
I also have a Carter Starter and the Emmons S10 and the Fry Pan and an S6 Rogue lap steel in my herd. The lap steel I have tuned to an open G like my Dobros.
Years ago I had two MSA Pedal Steels. One was a D12, 8 floor and 4 knee the other was a S12... 5 on the floor and 4 knee.
I sold both of them. The D12 went to Rick Hearne of Hearne Hardwoods in Oxford Pa. Checkout Hearne Hardwoods....Rick takes his wonderful products to Namm…...see this link.
https://www.youtube.com/Watch?v=-FpXjwpJ5t8
Be Well,
Tom
PS we also have a Crazy Cat that hangs around with me when I noodle with the guitars...a Hill Billy Cat

Raymond Craig

Texas, USA
Post  Posted 3 Aug 2020 3:12 pm     fry pan

did you ever sell the frypan?