| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  For trade - single neck Fender Stringmaster from 50s
Francis Larouche

Québec, Canada
Post  Posted 16 Mar 2020 7:04 am    

Hello everybody, I am not really active member, but I learned a lot about steel guitar on the forum and I have traded a pedal steel in the past so I thought to offer this cool stringmaster for trade here first!

Of course its not original in the sense that no single neck where produced but sometimes people detach a neck and put legs on it and voila!!

Everything else seems original and the sounds is really awesome! Long scale is easy to play and you are back to the fifities in an heartbeat!! ( not that I would know Wink

I can find all all the details and more pictures if someone is interested!! Its quite a rare bird and its difficult to price, so a trade would be cool, I am really a guitar player so Guitar would be my main focus ( a stratocaster is on my radar right now, but classic guitar like a 335, telecaster, etc, even acoustic could be good!) You can add or I can add!!

Thanks
Francis Larouche

Nic Neufeld

Kansas City, Missouri
Post  Posted 16 Mar 2020 4:48 pm    

Hi Francis!
You are technically correct that no single neck Stringmasters were ever made...there is a very similar model called the Fender Deluxe 8 that has basically the same configuration as a Stringmaster, in a single neck, the major difference being the body and bridge plate, with the knobs mounted on the other side of the player (vs being behind the bridge). Yours is definitely a modification of a quad or triple neck Stringmaster. From the looks of it it is a 26" long scale early model Stringmaster neck, with the tone pot acting as a combination tone and blend knob unless they rewired it otherwise during the mod. Probably sounds lovely! Good luck with your trade, I probably don't have anything of interest and I already have a triple neck SM so, not for me, but I like seeing them!
Francis Larouche

Québec, Canada
Post  Posted 17 Mar 2020 6:34 am    

Thanks Nic,

Yeah it is a great piece!!!! Unfortunately, between singing and playing guitar I have come to the realization that it would be best if I only concentrate on those 2 areas, love the pedal steel, the lapsteel, the 8 string , but I have to focus a bit !!!

Was thinking that those are from a great Fender time and even bastardized guitar from the 50s are bringing a lot more than these steel!!!!
Mike Christensen

Cook Minnesota
Post  Posted 21 Mar 2020 6:40 pm     Fender

Cool guitar.
Bryan Martin

Quebec, Canada
Post  Posted 22 Mar 2020 11:07 am     Stringmaster

Francis,
I pm'ed you.
Cheers, Bryan
Mark Helm

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 24 Mar 2020 11:26 pm     Case?

Does it have a case? How much are you asking?
Remington Steelmaster S8 w/ custom Steeltronics pickup. Vox MV-50 amplifier + an 1940's Oahu cab w/ 8" American Vintage speaker. J. Mascis Fender Squire Jazzmaster, Hofner Club bass, Ibanez AVN4-VMS Artwood Vintage Series Concert Size Acoustic Guitar. 1920s/30s Supertone Hawaiian-themed parlor guitar. Silvertone parlor guitar.
Mike Christensen

Cook Minnesota
Post  Posted 25 Mar 2020 5:30 am     xtringmaster

A check was sent march 19 for this guitar. Now waiting. Mike C