| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  **** Late 1965 or Early 1966 Emmons VP ****
Bobby Boggs

Upstate SC.
Post  Posted 22 Nov 2019 8:25 am    

This pedal has #49 stamped on both the frame and foot rest. It came with my dad's first early 1966 P/p. The early Emmons VP's were slightly cosmetically different. The front top of the frame is polished aluminum. And there's a piece of polished aluminum on the bottom. Seen a couple in my life time. But never seen one offered here. Pedal has never been polished as pictures will show. All in all, not bad for a 53 year old vp.
The hole in the side is where the so called Myrick V/p mod was mounted.(68ish) We never saw any benefit to it other than more power. We already had more power than the amp could handle. So it was removed sometime in the 80's I guess.

I'll take $300 plus USPS shipping. Thought it might be of interest to some of you 64 through 66 owners-collectors. The flash from the camera makes it appear dirtier and uglier than it is. The pot has no scratch at this time. But is not original. However it was made in Mexico. So it's been in there for a while. Just send me a Forum PM if interested.

b.

Bobby Boggs

Upstate SC.
Post  Posted 26 Nov 2019 1:01 pm    

^