| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  My New Fender Dual Pro 8
Andy Sandoval

Bakersfield, California, USA
Post  Posted 19 Nov 2019 7:04 pm    

I bought this dual pro 8 and so far so good. The finish and all the chrome parts are in fair condition (except for the Fender decal on the front) considering the age which I'm guessing at around 52' or 53'?, not sure what that number (2373) by the input jack indicates. One of the pans looks like someone drilled a couple of holes and had some pedal rods installed in it for the Bud Isaacs sound around that time I'm guessing.The electronics are in good working order with no snap crackle or pop and the pickups are pretty even sounding. the legs showed the most wear but they fit tight and don't slip at all. I'm guessing the case is not original but the guitar fits pretty good in it with a compartment for the legs so I can't complain. I looked at several other guitars going for $200-$500 more but decided to take a chance on this one. Someday I might get all the chrome redone and maybe refinish it but for now it's just gonna get played.

Glenn Wilde

California, USA
Post  Posted 20 Nov 2019 3:00 am    

Very cool, great sounding pickups once you learn to work around them. When im ready for a double this is the one at the top of my list. Congrats
Doug Beaumier

Northampton, MA
Post  Posted 20 Nov 2019 7:48 am    

Congrats, Andy! I think you're gonna enjoy playing that guitar.
Andy Sandoval

Bakersfield, California, USA
Post  Posted 20 Nov 2019 12:23 pm    

Its a wonderful little guitar and after just a few hours of playing it feels really comfy
Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 20 Nov 2019 6:07 pm    

Cool guit. The one in my avatar is a 52. Fun little axe and the traps sound great. This one is not mint either.

So yours has a few warts, bumps and bruises. Still a fine little guitar. You can buy Fender decals online if you want to add that. I got some Tele decals from a source on ebay or etsy...I forget. I think they came from Canada.