| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  WTB Changer Fingers for 1979 Sho-Bud Super Pro
Paul Brockett

Connecticut, USA
Post  Posted 25 Feb 2016 6:09 am    

Hello everyone,
I’m looking for one or more changer fingers like the ones in the pictures bellow for a 1979 Sho-Bud Super Pro.These are three raise/two lower fingers. If you have one or more and would like to sell them please let me know. Thank you for checking out this post. Paul

Paul Wade

mundelein,ill
Post  Posted 25 Feb 2016 6:40 am     shobud super pro

Paul,

try michael:http://www.psgparts.com/main.sc

he can make any part you want....

p.w
Paul Brockett

Connecticut, USA
Post  Posted 25 Feb 2016 6:54 am     Thank you for the come back

Thank you Mr. Wade for that suggestion. I have contacted Michael and he dose not make these parts at this time.Keep the ideas coming though. Very Happy
Ian Worley

Sacramento, CA
Post  Posted 25 Feb 2016 10:38 am    

Paul, are you actually missing complete fingers, or do you still have them all but simply want to replace some that are badly worn? If the latter, you probably don't need to replace the entire assembly. I have some of the upper pot metal fingers in decent shape that can be swapped out, while retaining the existing scissor mechanism (the scissor looks serviceable on the one in your picture). I can also fabricate new aluminum fingers to swap onto the existing scissor. Shoot me an email if you want to discuss.
Paul Brockett

Connecticut, USA
Post  Posted 25 Feb 2016 7:51 pm     Great option

Thank you for your post Mr. Worley. Your idea sounds like a great option for another project I have so I will be contacting you. Unfortunately, this guitar is missing an entire finger so................
The search goes on!
Surprised
Dean Silbaugh

Wisconsin, USA
Post  Posted 2 Sep 2019 4:21 am    

I don't have what you need but I am trying to build a 10 string with fingers like you have. I assume the stop is placed right below the tension spring attachment hole?? Is there another stop required in another spot? also, there is another hole on the string attachement finger.. what is this for? I really appreciate the help/advice
Thanx
Dean W. Silbaugh PE
Ian Worley

Sacramento, CA
Post  Posted 2 Sep 2019 11:08 am    

Dean Silbaugh wrote:
I don't have what you need but I am trying to build a 10 string with fingers like you have. I assume the stop is placed right below the tension spring attachment hole?? Is there another stop required in another spot? also, there is another hole on the string attachement finger.. what is this for? I really appreciate the help/advice
Thanx
Dean W. Silbaugh PE

There is only one stop on the bottom, the axle resists the string tension pulling opposite to the lower return springs. The stop plate on the bottom is actually shaped like a comb, with slots to keep the scissors separated and aligned, both parts of the scissor rest against the stop. If you do a google image search of the forum you'll find endless pictures of these things

The extra hole in the protruding arm is for a raise helper spring. Here is an animated image from http://steelguitar.com/maps/changer.html

Jimmie Hudson

North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 3 Sep 2019 4:57 pm     Re: WTB Changer Fingers for 1979 Sho-Bud Super Pro

Paul Brockett wrote:
Hello everyone,
I’m looking for one or more changer fingers like the ones in the pictures bellow for a 1979 Sho-Bud Super Pro.These are three raise/two lower fingers. If you have one or more and would like to sell them please let me know. Thank you for checking out this post. Paul

Here you go.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sho-Bud-All-Pro-Series-Single-Finger-Assembly-New-Old-Stock-G700/132304143866?hash=item1ecdf105fa:g:xN4AAOSwe09Zm44R