| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Anyone still using your POG?
Fred Rogan

Birmingham, AL USA
Post  Posted 27 Jul 2019 5:00 am    

Do you still use your POG with your steel? When do you use it? Song, type music, etc.?
I still haven't bought one and just not convinced I want/need it. Certainly a cool effect but is it useful?
thanks
Erv Niehaus

Litchfield, MN, USA
Post  Posted 27 Jul 2019 7:24 am    

You can dial in a good organ effect.
Erv
b0b

Cloverdale, CA, USA
Post  Posted 29 Jul 2019 9:02 am    

I switched to the Sub'n'Up Octaver because it was simpler to use. The POG can do a lot more if you program it correctly, but the bottom line was that I didn't need anything but simple octaves to get the organ tones. I use a Strymon Lex or the H&K Rotosphere for the rotating speaker.

It would be nice to have an octaver and a rotary effect in the same box. Some multi effect units can be programmed for that, but their octavers generally aren't very good. The Sub'n'Up and the POG 2 are both excellent for polyphonic octave generation.

I use the organ effect when there isn't an keyboard in the band, or when the keyboard player is playing piano. It's most useful in rock and blues.

Corry, PA, USA
Post  Posted 29 Jul 2019 9:19 am    

The Tone Print feature on the the Sub'n'Up allows you to add a lot more effects including modulation. Check out this video at 5:00:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VKmUx_jzx4
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Mike Bacciarini

Arizona
Post  Posted 29 Jul 2019 1:54 pm    

I use my POG micro for a couple of things. Root and +1 for some 12-sting picking, then just the -1 for some single note effects. I don't use it for an organ FX since I find the EHX B9, a wah pedal and the Neo Vent II to be most convincing for B3.

MCI Arlington S-10 3+5, George L E-66, BJS & Emmons bars, Fender Stage Lead II 100W 1x12, Fender Satellite SFX, custom FX rack, 1983 Dobro 60D, SX-8 lap steel, Martin D16GT, Ibanez AS73, 1978 Rickenbacker 4000 custom.
Fred Rogan

Birmingham, AL USA
Post  Posted 7 Aug 2019 1:21 pm    

Thanks for your replies - all interesting. I watched the video and also found this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhlLzynexno

To me, the POG is a very cool sounding pedal but limited in terms of practical application. I wound up buying a used Rumble Seat pedal by Analog Alien.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlVytjlxYF4

Nice overdrive, echo and the most musical modulation I have heard with reverb. It is almost a pedal board in a pedal. Expensive pedal so I was glad to find a used one!