| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  DOD Mini Volume Pedal
Jim Kennedy

Brentwood California, USA
Post  Posted 6 Aug 2019 12:43 pm    

Got this this morning in my email. Did not think much of it except it has a 500K pot Looks like at the sale price it might be a viable light weight spare. Opinions?

www.proaudiostar.com/dod-mini-volume-pedal.html

Atwater, Ohio USA
Post  Posted 6 Aug 2019 1:06 pm    

Jim make sure you post how it works, you will probably be the best judge....lol

Corry, PA, USA
Post  Posted 6 Aug 2019 2:09 pm    

LOts of detailed reviews, good and bad but they do describe the guts of the pedal to help you make a more informed decision:

www.reddit.com/r/guitarpedals/comments/78rh2e/fyi_the_dod_mini_volume_is_dangerously_cheap/

www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/DODMiniVol--dod-mini-volume-pedal

https://reverb.com/p/dod-mini-volume
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Doug Earnest

Branson, MO USA
Post  Posted 8 Aug 2019 5:03 am    

Those look well made but uncomfortable to use while seated.

You can get a Stage One volume pedal made for steel guitar with a Dunlop pot and gear drive for $110 shipped......
Jim Kennedy

Brentwood California, USA
Post  Posted 8 Aug 2019 8:44 am    

I would not have given this a second thought as a backup except for the price and the 500k pot. Given that the gears seem to fail fairly quickly based upon the reviews, I would not purchase one. Thanks for all the input.

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 8 Aug 2019 3:21 pm    

Best mini volume pedal with great treadle and draw for lap or pedal steel is the Moyo. You can find it on Reverb. Love mine. Good price too IMO.

Branson, MO USA
Post  Posted 8 Aug 2019 5:54 pm    

It looks like the problem they were having with the gears was caused by people messing with them when they had no idea what they were doing. A common occurence.
Ed Pettersen

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 8 Aug 2019 6:06 pm    

The problem was not necessarily with the gears in the DOD volume and EXP mini pedals. The issue is that the factory in Korea was supposed to put lithium grease on the gear shafts before shipping. After about a hundred or so presses the gears will snap or go off the rails. It can be solved by taking the four screws out of the sides, two on each side (don't touch any other screws or you'll have trouble aligning it again) and spraying the grease on the metal parts (not the plastic gears!!). In between the gears. That should keep you going for quite a while.

Corry, PA, USA
Post  Posted 9 Aug 2019 6:04 am    

Sounds like the problem can be solved by not purchasing the DOD pedal!

The Moyo, Stage One or a used Goodrich pedal all work great and have excellent quality control.

Last edited by Greg Cutshaw on 9 Aug 2019 8:04 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Rick Barnhart

Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 9 Aug 2019 6:17 am    

Greg Cutshaw wrote:
Sounds like the problem can be solved by not purchasing the DOD pedal!

I concur! You can make a better choice than the DOD by throwing a dart at any other volume pedal built by a forum member.

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 9 Aug 2019 6:43 am    

Moyo is still the best choice IMO frankly. If you want a mini that is.

Corry, PA, USA
Post  Posted 9 Aug 2019 8:08 am    

Keep in mind that not all pot pedals have the same quality pot. The Moyo uses the Dunlop Superpot:

https://www.amazon.com/Dunlop-Super-Split-Shaft-500K-ohm/dp/B078GX4SW6/ref=sr_1_6?gclid=Cj0KCQjws7TqBRDgARIsAAHLHP5qtpM1tVgMzN5Rm6bEm2QE7wOGuSg-Aypm_NG0zLGiyrkdR1F69YMaAlsHEALw_wcB&hvadid=282723969031&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=9006394&hvnetw=g&hvpos=1t1&hvqmt=e&hvrand=2122079951689102257&hvtargid=aud-676677759524%3Akwd-519121091456&hydadcr=29620_10190167&keywords=dunlop+super+pot&qid=1565366787&s=gateway&sr=8-6

At $135 it's a great main or backup pedal:

https://reverb.com/item/4390294-moyo-mini-volume-pedal?gclid=Cj0KCQjws7TqBRDgARIsAAHLHP4m7AQNO083PQo6di18k1sDyAeukEAT_Y3sYvT1B1vA_lXMKuHDCPUaAt7mEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds&merchant_id=126823978&pla=1&utm_campaign=2058510199&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google
Keith Hilton

248 Laurel Road Ozark, Missouri 65721
Post  Posted 9 Aug 2019 8:59 am    

The Moyo, Stage One, and Goodrich pedals are all made in the United States. The DOD is made in Korea, or China. Does DOD have a repair facility in the United States? Most music stores don't work on volume pedals, they sell them. The Moyo, Stage One, and Goodrich volume pedals are made in the United States and have great customer service. I like to support stuff made in the USA when I can.
Doug Earnest

Branson, MO USA
Post  Posted 9 Aug 2019 10:30 am    

Dunlop HotPotz II 470K pots are used in the Stage One pedal. The pots have recently been re-designed with more user friendly lead attachment points.
Ed Pettersen

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 9 Aug 2019 10:43 am    

Keith Hilton wrote:
The Moyo, Stage One, and Goodrich pedals are all made in the United States. The DOD is made in Korea, or China. Does DOD have a repair facility in the United States? Most music stores don't work on volume pedals, they sell them. The Moyo, Stage One, and Goodrich volume pedals are made in the United States and have great customer service. I like to support stuff made in the USA when I can.

DOD is pretty much DOA at this point as is Digitech.

They do have a one year warranty and I got mine replaced by Sweetwater at no charge when it broke but I still did the lithium grease "mod" per Tom Cram formerly at DOD/Digitech but I don't use it much. I stick with the Moyo. It has a lovely treadle for lap and pedal steel.

Rockport TX/Denver CO
Post  Posted 12 Aug 2019 6:36 pm    

The Moyo is a killer pedal, plus it’s made by fellow steeler Glenn Taylor, a forumite here.
Hugo Knef

Vallejo , California
Post  Posted 16 Aug 2019 8:10 am    

I can’t believe more people don’t use the moyo pedal. To me it is the perfect volume pedal. Low profile. Bullet proof. Passive. I place mine so my foot hits my pedal bar for
Full volume. If I need a little more volume I simply roll the ball of my foot down.